We are looking for a Principal Interaction Designer for our client. The ideal candidate for this position has a thorough understanding as an interaction design leader. In this role you are able to envision, define, produce and refine product ideas and can communicate the experience clearly across an organization.
* Lead the vision and design efforts for multiple significant functional areas of the web and mobile sites
* Collaborate with product managers, visual designers, and developers to build a shared understanding of the problem, product vision and your design approach
Design innovative, accessible solutions with a deep understanding of mobile- first and responsive design
* Facilitate rapid, iterative user interface definition sessions by leading teams through agile white boarding exercises and discussions
* Define and present solutions through prototypes, sitemaps, architecture-maps, user flows and wireframes
* Create effective plans to design, prototype, learn and iterate quickly in an outcome-driven environment
* Partner with User Research on research plans to achieve a deep understanding of customers, workflows and pain points.
* Perform competitive benchmarks, audits, and expert reviews. Integrate those findings into design through a fast-paced, lean, iterative process
* Mentor junior designers in all aspects of UX Design.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline (i.e. Web Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Industrial Design)
* 10 years of experience and a portfolio demonstrating expertise in all aspects of user experience design, interaction design and information architecture
* Deep understanding and commitment to agile, design-driven methodologies
* Experience with responsive design methods and approaches
* Expertise with standard UX software such as Axure, Sketch, Figma, or similar prototyping software
* Experience with all forms of user research and validation methods
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills including demonstrable skills in communication design rationale
* Experience creating and maintaining design systems and pattern libraries
* Experience designing accessible web and mobile interfaces to meet WCAG standards
* Master’s degree in a related discipline (i.e. Web Design,
* Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Industrial Design)
* Background in a retail/e-commerce environment and/or web-based application design
* Visual and animation design expertise
* Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, React and similar technologies a plu