Title: Internal Communications Manager
Our client is a leader in wellness and fitness specializing in athletic training, sport science, dietitians, and more. They are looking to hire an Internal Communications Manager on a freelance capacity to cover a maternity leave.
Duration: April – end of October
Location: Remote (Eastern Hours)
*Eligible for PTO, OT and health insurance through 24Seven*
The Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for leading impactful internal communications campaigns and employee engagement initiatives. This role is a remote position, reporting directly to the VP/Head of Communications.
Internal Communications Manager Responsibilities:
- Support the creation and implementation of company-wide communications including monthly business updates and day to day employee engagement programming
- Lead the internal communications strategy in partnership with department leaders
- Ensure organizational initiatives and brand initiatives are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Create and calendar engaging content for our clients internal communications platform on a daily, weekly and monthly cadence
- Partner with fellow communications team colleagues to build cohesive storytelling across all social and owned channels
- Draft/edit email messages and/or scripts for senior executives and enterprise-wide initiatives
- Partner with the People Operations team, Head of DEI and Employee Resource groups on building company-wide communications plans to support employee initiatives, programming and events
- Manage all internal employee events including town halls, brand/product launches, recognition events, etc.
• Writing: You are a storyteller and have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
• Collaboration: You love working with others and have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to support enterprise programming.
• Internal Partner: You have the confidence to work with senior executives and support their communication needs, sometimes regarding sensitive topics.
• Creativity: You love thinking big and bringing creative ideas to life while connecting employees to the brand from the inside out.
• Visual & Digital Communication tools: You have familiarity with information technology including digital and video and you know how to properly brief/work with a creative team to bring your stories to life.
Internal Communications Manager Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience managing corporate and/or internal communications
- Strong writing, communications, and editing skills
- Takes initiative and is motivated by leading projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Confidence to work with senior executives and support their communication needs, sometimes regarding sensitive topics.
- Familiarity with information technology including digital and video
- Must be on East Coast hours
To be considered please share your most recent resume.