Our client, a corporate tech company is looking for a Junior Blog Editor. This is a freelance position offsite (40 hours a week) for about six months with potential to extend. Candidates in LA or SF are preferred.
You will be honing and communicating thought leadership, innovations in cybersecurity and statements of company culture and corporate responsibility. Your goal is to work with the Blog Editor to help authors across the company produce clear, compelling, accurate content that supports the business. Constant collaboration with the Brand, Corporate Communications, Analyst Relations and Content Marketing teams is essential to help raise our brand visibility.
• Support blog editor in strategy and execution.
• Collaborate with subject matter professionals and other stakeholders to review blog posts for accuracy, clarity, grammar, style and brand consistency.
• Assist blog writers in shaping posts with an eye toward SEO best practices.
• Prepare blogs for publication.
• Coordinate with stakeholders and other social media team members to promote blog posts through other social channels in concert with the social media strategy.
• Work with the blog editor to use and maintain a set of content planning, scheduling and notification tools to ensure blog publication progress is tracked, monitored and reported to stakeholders in a timely fashion.
• Assist the blog editor with tracking and reporting blog performance and readership metrics.
• 2+ years of relevant content writing, editing and/or social media experience in a publication or B2B environment (preferably high tech) required.
• Strong communicator with extraordinary writing, communication and editing skills.
• Self-starter and highly motivated, with ability to be productive working remotely in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Able to translate tech-speak into plain English, especially converting complex technical details into clearly understandable headlines and storylines.
• Knowledge of AP style, and a willingness to collaborate to determine a consistent style for rapidly changing industry terms.
• Experience in online content production.
• Ability to handle communications and carry out deadlines across complex stakeholder groups with members based throughout the world
Send your portfolio today!