Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring a Jr. Copywriter on a 6 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe in Boston, MA. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
Our client is looking for someone who will join their team of editors and writers, bringing subject matter expertise (writing for e-commerce and product copy in the style/footwear industry) and a passion for sneaker culture and storytelling. Your role will focus on seasonal narrative work, product copy to fuel wholesale and direct, .com site experience and performance marketing copy.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
Check out our clients .com—see all that copy? You will play a part in bringing all of that copy to life.
- Passion for our clients Brand and passion for creating high-quality work
- Someone who is driven, strategic, accountable, empathetic, resourceful, thinks critically, takes initiative and has strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in writing for e-commerce and the digital ecosystem with knowledge around performance marketing, SEO, and writing for different consumer segments
- Ability to socialize and present creative work in a compelling and persuasive way to cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Craft and develop digital content and storytelling with our Gen-Z consumer in mind
- Growth Mindset. Be open to, and constantly in search of, growth opportunities. Commit to training and development as a regular part of your job. Enable, engage, empower and celebrate a world-class team and culture.
- Resist complacency and the status quo. Be convinced there can always be a better way and resolve to be open minded about the opportunity to elevate
YOUR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direction from the Sr. Copy Manager writes copy to fuel sell-in, product copy and copy to fuel our digital consumer journeys
- Learn, understand and maintain the Converse tone of voice and copy style-guides
- Learn, understand and maintain best practices for copy
- Gains knowledge around our physical product (the sneakers and clothing) each season
- Always seeking information and consuming content from media partners and industry news
- Values differences; behaves with sensitivity toward differences in cultural norms. Seeks out diverse perspectives and talents of others
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Takes initiative to consistently update team leader (Sr. Copy Manager) and project managers
- Bachelor of Arts in Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- 4+ years of writing experience in a corporate or agency environment required, preferably as a copywriter for a major brand, e-commerce company or digital design agency
- Expert command of the English language (including spelling, grammar, punctuation)
- Creative, bold, and digitally savvy
- A genuine passion for digital marketing and the online space with a knowledge of digital commerce, performance marketing (email, paid social and other media) SEO writing, writing for different and multiple target audiences, and social media platforms
- Experience writing compelling product copy, editorial and other online marketing material
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Able to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
- Familiarity with project tracking tools such as Asana or Trello
- Knowledge of footwear and/or apparel design construction and terminology
- Deep connection to streetwear culture and trend
- Awareness of the customer journey and experience