Our client, a media agency, is looking for a Communications Designer (Media Planner) to join their team. This will be full time and remote as their office is currently closed. You will ideally come from another agency and have 1-2 years of media planning experience.
DISCIPLINE OVERVIEW: COMMUNICATIONS DESIGN
Communications design is the discipline and practice of crafting how a brand idea will be delivered through communications across an owned, earned and paid ecosystem in order to achieve a desired behavioral outcome.
Initiative’s Communications Design team is creating the future of planning. Borrowing skills from User Experience, Digital, Public Relations and Content, these media professionals are responsible for curating how people connect and participate with brands through culturally rich ideas. Instead of considering the experience of a brand in components (media / channel planning), Communications Designers think about brand experience in totality (ecosystem planning) ensuring every encounter is useful and impactful.
A Day in the Life:
• Are experts in consumer and communications behavior, and how changes in behaviors are creating new opportunities for connection
• Lead the creation of the dynamic ecosystem approach to deliver a strategy
• Work with partners (media, creative, technology, platforms, Specialty Business Units) to curate how a brand should connect within culture
• Lead the identification of the right audiences to address how to meet business goals, and guide the quantification of connection encounters holistically
• Champion innovative, forward thinking activities that help brands create value with their audience.
ROLE OVERVIEW: COMMUNICATIONS DESIGNER
As Communications Designer you are an important member of the day to day Communications Design team on your client, helping to ensure great communications ideas make their way into market through the key support role you perform.
Your role is to help produce and analyze the foundational consumer, brand and marketing intelligence for the communications design brief, and assist in the production, reporting and loading of the detailed communications flowchart.
Working with the Senior Communications Designer, you will use proprietary tools to quantify how different communications scenarios (across Owned Earned Shared Paid) perform against key communications and business goals, including running cross-platform Reach & Frequency, flighting scenarios, and ROI analyses. You are responsible for ensuring all plan details are accurately coded and inputted into our systems, and making any adjustments as required.
Building your communications planning knowledge, you are passionate about learning about how brands grow and how different communications approaches (flighting, weights, channel combinations) work to create a difference for your categories and brands. Within the team, you are up-to-date on the latest planning approaches and insights (industry, vendor, client, category), and regularly share this with your team and the Communications Design discipline.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contributor to impactful communications plan development to meet client needs and deliver communications idea
• Provide accurate and timely communications planning inputs in support of the Communications Design process
• Provide timely responses to adhoc client requests as required
• Provide communications, audience intelligence, and data inputs through the application of syndicated and proprietary systems for communications design, goal setting, and decision making
• Accurately load and maintain planning details within agency financial systems
• Maintain POV reports and intelligence on current best practice planning approaches and outcomes for client, brand, and category
• Support the Communications Design Directors in researching Communications Design relevant innovations, audience trends & Partnerships opportunities with the ability to provide the Strategy team with actionable insights
• Contribute to reporting and analysis of campaigns
• Contribute to the ideation team sessions in conjunction with the Strategy team and relevant Specialty Business Units to generate creative & compelling connections idea
• Contributor to Specialty Business Units revenue growth through planning outcomes
• Contributor to organic revenue from Communications Design
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
• Able to research and generate key media inputs for best in class communications planning solutions that propel the communications idea
• Able to deploy tools and techniques to deliver best in class communications planning outcomes across Owned Earned Shared Paid
• Contribute to media planning process within Colspace ensuring accuracy of information
• Able to produce reports and intelligence related to the planning process to improve decision making
• Contributor to client KPI delivery through the provision of best practice, timely, accurate planning information and intelligence
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years in media agency role, within planning discipline
• Demonstrated ability to develop integrated marketing communication plans encompassing traditional and non-traditional media strategies
• Ability to drive projects from conception to completion
• Strong written, verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively multi-task multiple, competing priorities, and projects through strong time management and organization
• Proficient understanding of accounting principles, data analyzing, and market research
• High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
If this is not the right role for you, please keep me in mind for referrals. We do offer a $200 referral bonus.