Our client is a popular fashion brand creating the latest must-have apparel and accessories for every trendsetter. With their fun, modern, and fashion-forward designs, you can effortlessly dress in style every day.
Merchandise Assistant Overview:
As the Merchandise Assistant, you will be responsible for leading the product assortment for all distribution points of the brand. You will also be responsible for delivering a product mix consistent aligned with the company’s brand strategy and financial objectives.
Merchandise Assistant Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement seasonal line plans to feature a balanced product mix aligned with current trends and customer needs
• Create a launch strategy for each collection to ensure the product is communicated effectively to the customer and product investments are supported
• Manage the buying process and establish a pricing strategy to achieve margin goals in partnership with the planning team and VP of Product
• Ensure deliveries and planned product flow are achieved on-time as outlined on the merchandise calendar, analyze historical customer characteristics, and identify opportunities for category expansion
• Execute the merchandising strategy on a door-by-door basis for each retail store and eCommerce in partnership with planning and allocations teams
• Provide competitive market analysis and manage seasonal industry trend recaps to ensure the product offering is aligned with trends in the market
• Work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives.
• Enter and approve markdowns, markups, and promotions.
• Ensure accuracy of markdowns, promotional pricing and effective dates.
• Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency.
• Complete seasonal projects for merchants.
• Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchant team.
Merchandise Assistant Qualifications:
• Advanced computer skills in Excel and email with an aptitude for learning new programs.
• Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
• Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
• Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
• Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
• Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
• 4 year degree preferred
• Retail experience preferred
• Years of experience: 1 to 3
• Key role will be data input/ information and tool scrub and strong Excel and pivot skills needed