Job descriptionLos Angeles based company is looking for a Planner to join their team.
- Develop, execute, and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support merchandising, marketing and financial objectives for Retail Stores.
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory, and bottom-line profitability.
- Manage the financial success of stores by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory turn goals.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by channel and department.
- Be pivotal in the conversion to bottoms up buy strategy for seasonal buys from a top-down buying strategy Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities.
- Create pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans by department that support product strategies.
- Align both top-down and bottoms up department plans.
- Work closely with Allocation team to establish and monitor store capacity and inventory levels to optimize sales opportunity within each store Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan; and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis for the open to buy.
- Create and manage sales and inventory plans for all basic styles to meet department financial goals.
- Maximize opportunities by continuously analyzing the business and reacting to trends.
- Recap and communicate category and size selling performance.
- Lead change and/or enhancements to current processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross functional team.
- Eventual Direct Reports
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred 3+ years in merchandise planning or inventory management.
- Allocation experience a plus.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet demands and sense of urgency
- Strong aptitude for numbers, retail math skills and understanding of forecasting methodology
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Possesses and ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Display strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Strong trend analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to positively influence and lead others by fostering a motivating work outlook with emphasis on team collaboration
- Advanced Excel skills