Project Manager for Growing Beauty Company based in LA!
Seeking an experienced Project Manager to help keep all product-related projects tracking to on-time completion. Will play an integral role in helping the brand grow and will have the opportunity to grow as the organization scales.
We are looking for an engaged and motivated Project Manager to join the Operations team. This role will report to the Director of Operations and will be critical in tracking the commercialization processes, development milestones, and optimizing overall project flow and timing.
What You’ll Do
• Manage commercialization timelines for all product-related projects. Including. new product launches, packaging updates, kitting projects, other special production projects, etc.
• Define timelines for product development post-formulation approval through commercialization & delivery
• Track and manage vendor milestones for commercialization activity including, safety testing and compatibility, clinical testing, pilots, line trials, first production and delivery to the warehouse
• Support in vendor communication and follow-ups, tracking to key dates and deliverables. Hold team members and vendors accountable to commitments and timelines
• Communicate with cross-functional departments on product testing, copy, artwork, regulatory milestones, and overall adherence to timelines
• Lead weekly meetings with cross-functional teams highlighting statuses, potential risks, and deadlines. Escalate concisely to executives when needed
• Track individual timing and overlap of elements within product development – formulation, packaging, testing, artwork, commercialization
• Manage product safety testing with external labs and regulatory consultants, tracking results at select intervals
• Manage clinical testing process to include protocol review, sending of samples to lab, distributing results (included photography where applicable) and review of final report with sign-off from marketing.
• Track all kitting projects for on time, accurate and on-brand assembly
• Manage documentation and reports for technical milestones and commercialization
• Manage Quality approvals and standards for internal and external partners
• Manage internal alerts on risk and timing
The Ideal Candidate
• 4-5+ years related experience working in cosmetic production, preferably skincare.
• Experience with product development planning for consumer goods from concept to launch
• Strong acumen of creating new standard operating procedures to increase productivity
• Engaging communicator with a talent for fostering effective cross-team collaborations to achieve optimal results
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, manage multiple projects at the same time & set priorities.
• Outstanding organization, follow-through, and attention to detail.
• Highly flexible and responsive, with ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities.
• Strong understanding of product development processes.
• General understanding of regulatory processes.
• MUST be Based in Los Angeles or Orange County
• Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a plus