Job descriptionOur client, a well-known agency located in Chicago, is looking to bring on a Fulltime Medical/Pharma Proofreader to their growing team, starting immediately. This candidate can be completely remote!
Title: Proofreader (Medical/Pharma)
Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire, Permanent
The Proofreader role is primarily responsible for reviewing copy and content verification for digital properties, including websites, iPad applications, emails, banner ads, and RFPs, using approved assets, such as comparable and style guides.? Proofreaders investigate copy inconsistencies, research and apply best practices, and recognize and report discrepancies as a team. Proofreaders work collectively with other QA Team Members to ensure deadlines for both client-facing and internal projects are strictly met. This role would support our Pharma accounts for both Healthcare Consumer and Healthcare Professional audiences.
Medical Proofreader Responsibilities:
- Proof various content against assets, marking errors in copy, style, and font usage
- Ensure accuracy on all project content verbiage across multiple project versions
- Ensure accuracy on project end matter, job numbers, and version numbers
- Review and ensure all speaker notes, references, links, superscripts, subscripts, and dates are up to date and match across multiple project versions
- Keep track of all inconsistencies within project versions and communicate them through the appropriate channels
- Ensure correct copyright/trademark usage and consistency of legal disclaimers
- Follow strict brand guidelines
- Ensure alignment, color accuracy and font sizes of all functional, medical, regulatory, and change annotations follow client standards and requirements
- Create and follow review test plans
- Exercise excellent, detail-oriented organizational and communication skills
- Respectfully work with other disciplines in an Agile-oriented environment
- Ensure project deadlines are met and exhibit clear, consistent communication when reporting project statuses, with advanced notice, if projects deviate from expectations?
- Maintain the upkeep of proofreading documentation, including slip sheets, guidelines, and decks
- Collaborate with other QA disciplines, ensuring team-wide understanding of processes and day-to-day operations
- Participate in weekly roundtable meetings with Copy Editing and Proofreading Teams
- Other duties as assigned
Medical Proofreader Qualifications:
- Intimate knowledge and expertise in the Modern Language Association (MLA) guide.
- Experince proofreading copy (and additional deliverables), specifically within the medical and pharmaceutical fields.
- Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs
- Understanding of standard grammatical style guides (Chicago Manual of Style, AP, APA, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project/issue tracking system (Jira)
- Agency experience is a plus.