PR Account Manager for a LA Based PR Firm! ( focus on Wellness, Lifestyle, Food, Consumer goods)
Seeking a unique and driven candidate with a PR/communications background, strategic mindset and strong media relationships to support a growing public relations team with clients across lifestyle, beauty and food + beverage.
The right person will have a minimum of 4+ years of relevant agency experience, ideally within the lifestyle category (wellness, parenting, tech, food, lifestyle).
This role will report to the Senior Director of PR.
Qualifications & Key Responsibilities include
: • Media and social savvy with specific experience in driving the development and execution of PR strategy, including traditional media relations and celebrity & influencer-led content and/or programs
• Strong and demonstrated experience in crafting and successfully pitching compelling storytelling angles across all facets of consumer and trade media – broadcast, print, digital, podcast, etc. including business features, financial announcements, brand/founder profiles, product reviews and more
• Possess a robust roster of media contacts within the business, lifestyle, food, celebrity and beauty categories, as well as an overall understanding of the current and changing media landscape
• Strong management skills with demonstrated experience in assisting senior leadership and leading junior team members and managing partners/vendors
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute PR tactics including press mailers, desksides, events, media trips, experiential activations and more
• High competence in budget estimate building, tracking and management
• Proven experience in briefing team members in compiling and spearheading detailed and accurate activity recaps, signing off on successful program recaps
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to be client key point of contact
• Strong Microsoft Office suite and industry software (Cision, Meltwater) skills
• Extremely detail oriented
• Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and execute programs from start to finish – team player