100% REMOTE - must be based in USA
Marketing Insights Manager
Average 20 hours/week
• Assist with analytics and data analysis across all marketing and communications channels, developing reports and distilling data into actionable insights around the performance of content, marketing channels, campaigns, and tactics.
• Ensure proper tagging in in place for various paid Facebook campaigns, as well as other fundraising and acquisition campaigns.
• Experience working within Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to ensure campaigns are set up correctly in order to monitor results and gather insights.
• Develop reports and distill data into actionable insights. Set up conversion/event tracking within Google Analytics.
The Marketing Insights & Optimization Manager will lead the development of data-driven insights to inform strategies and plans across the Marketing & Communications department. S/He will manage and oversee analytics and data analysis across all marketing and communications channels, developing reports and distilling data into actionable insights around the performance of content, marketing channels, campaigns, and tactics. S/He will also identify opportunities for optimizations, recommend specific optimization activities, and manage and measure the implementation of those activities. In partnership with the CRM Lead, s/he will uncover insights to inform the development of marketing, communications, and engagement strategies and plans.
The Marketing Insights & Optimization Manager will develop and lead all testing, research, and survey efforts for the department, working in partnership with other internal resources and outside vendors as needed. S/He will also own search engine optimization (SEO), leading a program of work to increase the Foundation’s visibility through search and partnering with the Content Strategy & Planning lead, content writers, IT colleagues, and others to implement improvements.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
1. Manage analytics across all marketing and communications channels, including web, email, social, and paid media. Consume analytics and data to provide holistic views of performance across all channels including direct mail, digital revenue, and PR.
2. Ensure appropriate tagging is in place for tracking in partnership with Marketing & Communications colleagues, IT, and vendors/agencies. Troubleshoot issues with appropriate teams and resources.
3. Develop reports and distill data into actionable insights.
4. Identify opportunities for optimizations, recommend specific optimization activities, and manage and measure the implementation of those activities.
5. Derive actionable insights from constituent data in the CRM.
6. Develop and lead all testing and optimization strategies, such as A/B testing.
7. Lead all research and survey efforts for the department, working with internal and external partners as needed.
8. Own search engine optimization (SEO) for the Foundation, actively monitoring, managing, and reporting on performance with the goal of positioning the organization to capture traffic from search behaviors.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline required.
2. 5+ of experience in a marketing, communications, or analytics role requiring action and decision-making skills.
3. Experience working with analytics tools and interfaces such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, and other marketing technology platforms.
4. Experience running reports, consuming partner-provided data, preparing reports, and presenting information to a variety of stakeholders.
5. Experience analyzing data and developing insights.
6. Demonstrated ability to recommend optimizations and lead the work to implement, monitor, and report on those optimizations.
7. Experience working with content strategy, content development, and technical resources, including outside vendors, agencies, volunteers, and freelancers.
8. Background in nonprofit environment a plus.
9. Ability to work independently and manage projects from inception to completion with accountability for goal setting and results.
10. Strong planning, project management and interpersonal skills.
11. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
12. Experience working in a fast-paced environment, effectively directing and implementing multiple tasks and ability to set and meet deadlines.
13. A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.