Job description24 Seven is partnering with an online editorial focused on showing men how to live a life that is more engaged; in fashion, food, drink, travel, grooming and culture to help them find a fully remote, freelance Copy Editor.
Section Editors are leaders. You’ll decide where to focus resources, make calls on what events we should cover, and maintain a coverage calendar.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of the mobile and wearables industry.
- Oversee every level of section production from freelance writers to staff writers and editors.
- Identify trends and top-performing articles to shape future editorial efforts.
- Standardize reviews with repeatable benchmarks and procedures.
- Maintain relationships with key companies to ensure timely coverage.
- Hire and train new writers with an eye and ear to quality, speed, and voice.
- Write informed product reviews, thoughtful analysis and pointed opinion pieces.
- Represent within the assigned area of expertise on video, television, radio and in print.
- Provide constructive, forward-looking input to help shape editorial standards.
- 3+ years experience in editorial position, focusing on consumer
- A deep passion and knowledge of consumer electronics including wearables and mobile technology.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; able to write in a style that is interesting to the core audience.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- Experience working with web content management systems (WordPress preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Photography and videography skills are a plus.
- College degree in journalism or related field preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the current tech landscape is a necessity.
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.