Our client is a popular fashion brand creating the latest must-have apparel and accessories for every trendsetter. With their fun, modern, and fashion-forward designs, you can effortlessly dress in style every day.
Responsible for managing all accounting duties for the Risk Management team. This includes providing forecasting to the Brands, reconciling accounts, preparing JVs, processing invoices
• Point of contact for accounting questions for Risk Management Team
• Communicate with all levels within our company
• Support the monthly financial forecast for Risk Management’s Insurance Budget
• Support the execution of the monthly and quarterly close by providing month-end and quarter-end deliverables (e.g. close packages, PBC request, legal entity reporting, etc)
• Support and validate Risk Management items for the quarterly certification for the 10Q & 10K
• Prepares the true-ups for the Workers Compensation and General Liability claims based on the actuary report
• Coordination of Risk Management SOX compliance
• Request information to build the insurance budget
• Validate and process invoices for claim administrator, insurance premiums and consultants
• Manage monopolistic state workers compensation billing and accounting
• Proactively explore and implement ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of existing processes
• Perform ad hoc analyses and provide decision support as requested
Minimum educational level:
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• 4-6 years in a corporate accounting or finance function
• Solid grasp of accounting and finance concepts
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of financial systems (Oracle strongly desired)
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership
• Ability to build strong working relationships
• Skilled in managing multiple processes, priorities and projects. Excellent organization skills.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently