Agile Project Manager
We’re looking for a passionate and excellent agile project manager to provide operational support for the Agile Product Team and to also run Product Team Sprints for a global automotive client.
- Operational support for the Agile Product Team
- Manage Product Sprints
- Excellent communication of the status of sprints, the outputs and benefits.
- Management of sprint backlogs
- Promote a collaborative thinking culture and can do attitude.
- Build strong relationships with all departments and with partners and clients
- Continually strive to simplify working practices.
Operational Support for the Agile Product Team
- Manage the resource planning tracker and support Agile PMs in forecasting resourcing across the team in advance.
- Manage the briefing process across all projects and ensure that the briefing ‘definition of done’ has been completed by relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Work with the Agile Programme Lead and Operations Manager and support their reporting and resourcing processes.
Management of Product Sprints
- Run the Sprint stand-ups, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives.
- Work to continuously improve the sprints so that the velocity increases.
- Be a shield and champion for the team and support the Digital Platform Director in protecting them from additional requests.
- Responsible for ensuring all outputs are delivered – prototypes, wireframes and designs.
- Teach – explain the processes to the team and other stakeholders.
Manage the Sprint backlog
- Responsible for updating and prioritisation of the UX sprint backlog.
- Take into account the requirements and priorities of all project stakeholders.
- Work with the product owner (Client) to prioritise the backlog and ensure that the sprints deliver in the right order.
- Ensure that the Sprint backlog is well communicated to the team and all stakeholders.
- Create a process for adapting the sprint backlog to ‘scope creep’ and ‘sprint busters’.
- Work with the client to prioritise projects and ensure that planning and scheduling of tasks allows for delivery of all work in an agreed and appropriate timescale.
- Identify, document and communicate potential risks in the delivery of projects and site updates. Work with internal and external stakeholders to mitigate identified risks and find alternative delivery solutions where required.
- Create a communication plan and approach that keeps all stakeholders updated on the progress and outputs of the sprints.
- Plan and run demos of the output of the sprints to make them visible to the Client and key stakeholders.
- Package up sprint outputs and insights and share them.
- Establish good communication tools for all stakeholders and the Sprint Team.
- Provide regular status updates to the Clients and key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the sprint has excellent documentation capturing processes and outputs.
- Responsible for ensuring that we have an aligned, approved and standardised handover approach between the UX Sprint Team and the development team so that this is seamless.
- Capture insights from user testing and communicate them to stakeholders.
You will need to be a collaborative self-starter with agile management experience. It’s important that you are able to communicate well, teach others and create an environment in which people can thrive within a pressured, but extremely exciting, product roadmap.
Key to this role is having the maturity and people skills to be a partner for the client services team, lead other project managers and be seen as a delivery leader by the client.
- Exceptional core agile project management skills.
- 4+ yrs project management experience in a creative/technology environment – with at least 2 in major agencies/companies.
- Experience of working in (preferably large) digital/creative/integrated agencies on large multinational corporate accounts.
- Line manage or mentor other project managers
- Proficient in supplier management and a track record of delivering projects with multiple delivery hubs/suppliers.
- Able to balance project objectives from a cost, schedule, creative, technical and quality perspective and present options, benefits and risks.
- Thorough understanding of client management, creative development, UX, technology delivery, quality assurance.
- Proven ability to manage project budget, scope, resourcing, and risk and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- People management skills an absolute must have.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation, mediation and facilitation skills