Senior Graphic Designer
Our well-known Beauty client is looking for an in-house Senior Graphic Designer to be a part of their bustling creative team.
Senior Graphic Designer Overview:
.As a Graphic Designer you must be a fast learner, self-starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. The candidate must possess a blend of concept, packaging, merchandising and digital design skills. From brainstorming and design through production and press checks; the Sr. Graphic Designer will be an instrumental part of our team and company.
Senior Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Art Director and VP of Creative Services, the Sr. Graphic Designer will concept and design packaging, displays, print collateral, merchandising, and digital content for various PPI Beauty brands.
- He or she will be responsible for projects from concept to execution and communicate design work clearly to senior members of the creative team and stakeholders.
- He or she will oversee and mentor Designers, Jr. Designers and Freelancers.
- He or she will work closely with the brand, product development, digital, trade marketing, and e-commerce teams to ensure all design created meets the PPI Beauty brand standards.
- He or she will work closely with the rest of the creative team to ensure continuity of design and shared assets.
- He or she will share in responsibility for maintaining the creative assets and file archives for the team.
Senior Graphic Designer Qualifications:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your graphic design thinking and core skills across a variety of categories including: typography, color, identity systems, image manipulation, packaging, in-store merchandising, digital design, print design, specing out work, mechanicals, illustration, renderings and mock ups
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design
- 7+ years of design experience, an in-house design background is strongly preferred
- Expert skills and experience with Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop on Mac
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office
- An ability to quickly grasp direction within the in-house work environment – must be very flexible and want to wear multiple hats
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment and meeting those deadlines
- Enthusiasm for design and production alike. This position consists of 80% design and 20% production
- Must possess strong craftsmanship, production, technical, and mock-up skills
- Experience with print press checks, must be willing to travel locally and national
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven expertise in problem solving and project management
- Proven experience mentoring and leading junior team members
- Maintains professional demeanor under pressure and in all situations
- Ability to scope and manage projects through all phases, from kick-off through press checks
- Beauty experience is a major plus
- Exhibits proactive, solution-based thinking and execution
- Must be a team-player