Our client is a full-service communications agency with 20-year tenure and offices in New York, LA and SF. Services include traditional and digital practices including PR, brand development, social media, content creation and influencer and celebrity.
Senior PR Account Executive Overview:
The Public Relations Senior Account Executive (SAE) plays a lead role on client accounts, managing day-to-day client activities, projects and teams at a tactical level and plays a critical role on the development of client strategy.
The Senior AE has a strong understanding of media relations and has a proven track record in media placement. A successful SAE will ensure client satisfaction and maintain efficiency and productivity on client accounts (direct to consumer innovative businesses and start-ups).
You must have strong relationships with innovation, business and lifestyle media and can engage with Founders and Entrepreneurs at said clients to tell their stories in meaningful ways.
Senior PR Account Executive Responsibilities:
· Serve as the account lead on several accounts and collaborate with the Account Supervisor or Director on client strategy and yearly plans
· Content development for various mediums including digital and social media, news media, and creative materials based on outline or direction from supervisors (creative mailers, pitches, activations)
· Understanding clients’ top tier and trade media and influencer outlets with existing/established relationships at a national level and advise on integrated and measurable initiatives
· Communicate with clients and key members of the media and execute on press opportunities in national and regional print, broadcast and online national and regional publications
· Plan and actualize PR events and activations
· Manage and delegate to junior staff while reporting into supervisors on briefs and progress
Senior PR Account Executive Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, etc.)
· 4-6+ years’ experience in public relations, communications, and/or a related field
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PR tools such as Cision and Fashion GPS
· Tactical understanding of social media and social networking tools (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.)
· Excellent pitching skills with a proven track record in securing quality results
· A deep understanding of the influencer landscape and current trends
· Strong listening, communication, organization, writing, and presentation skills