Our client, a global leader in the Beauty and Retail space, is looking to add a Senior Sourcing and Procurement Manager to their growing team on a Fulltime basis.
This person must be located in Texas; however the company will be in a hybrid work from home model going forward!
Job Title: Senior Sourcing Manager
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
Responsible for the development and implementation of an overall procurement/sourcing strategy in a multi -sourced environment. Evaluates and determines the most cost-effective and efficient means of sourcing, acquiring and delivering products and services, including international procurement. Manages and controls the contractual relationship with service providers and vendors that reflect their specific area.
Responsible for the development and implementation of category management processes based on industry best standards. Works with leadership and is responsible for the development and execution of the procurement strategy which aligns and supports the business strategies.
Provides financial reporting and fiscal savings for the procurement organization, onboarding suppliers and directed projects.
The Procurement Manager will keep pace with the demands of a dynamic business climate, anticipate problems and develop appropriate solutions, and provide the leadership necessary to effectively implement these initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implements departmental Policies and Procedures which align with the org;'s corporate goals, and allow for effective procurement of all required Private Label good for sale, in accordance with industry best practices.
- This will include assisting in the procurement of Private Label product for international segments.
- Develops, plans, organizes and implements procurement strategies and programs to increase operational efficiency, as well as to mitigate risk to org members and other stakeholders.
- Able to analyze inventory, forecasting, demand and program schedules in order to manage capacity and material availability with the supply base.
- Understands capacity requirements and supply base capacity.
- Manages all activities of responsible area of the procurement department, including the identifying cost drivers, executing Request for Information (RFI's), Request for Proposal (RFP's) and business cases.
- Leads procurement analysis, supplier development and implementation of SOW (statement of Work) for procurement.
- Work with business partners for supplier proposals with supporting documentation and justifications.
- Provide develops / audits procurement orders for accuracy and compliance.
- Material / Component Lifecycle Management.
- Understands and utilizes concepts related to the lifecycle management of components and / or materials, from Design Phase to the Launch Process to end of life (EOL) parts management.
- Cost / Price Analysis (should cost modeling, costed BOM pricing, gain sharing, etc.), Price adjustment methodology, Currency Impacts.
- Able to capture and analyze all relevant cost components related to the total landed cost of a category, product or service.
- Can make directional assumptions about unavailable cost information, and identify trends in order to forecast changes in total landed cost over time.
- Fosters and builds strong vendor relationships, supports activities related to sourcing Private Label product.
- Coordinates contract activities, including contract development, negotiation and transition.
- Monitors supplier contracts to ensure terms and conditions are met.
- Defines and manages appropriate supplier QBR’s.
- Creates, negotiates and incorporates contract amendments, renegotiating contracts, if required, to accommodate scope changes or changes in organization requirement.
- Develops guidelines, and provide coaching to departmental staff, in areas such as market analysis, spend analytics, supply chain finance, and other leading edge procurement methodologies.
- Educates procurement staff and internal customers regarding Procurement standards and processes.
- Coordinates daily duties (as appropriate) of department staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent with related experience and/or training. Procurement/Supply Chain certification, is a plus.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of business experience responsible for supplier onboarding, procurement, spend metrics and management experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of managing staff and interacting with management.
- An in-depth understanding of industry standards as they apply to the Procurement and Supply Chain.
- Experience developing and using Key Performance Indicators to manage the procurement process
- Experience with sourcing business systems, equipment and services for the business.
- Must have a basic understanding of all sourcing and procurement of products services, and knowledge of technology.
- Demonstrates practical knowledge of procurement/sourcing best practices
- Understands and anticipates customer and consumer needs.
- Takes action to meet customer and consumer expectations, needs, and concerns
- Demonstrates persuasion and influencing skills with adeptness in conflict management.
- Has leadership skills to help train and groom staff for their development.
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your resume today!