24 Seven is partnering with one of Portland's most admired creative agencies to find their next senior strategist.
The Senior Strategist leads the planning of digital campaigns and products. The strategist brings talent, technique, tried experience, and project leadership prowess. This role requires a track record of exceptional work and experience extracting insights from data to build thoughtful campaign frameworks that ground campaigns in consumer truths. Whether working across paid media, dotcom, app, email or social, you should have a knack for simplifying the complex to guide clients and teams to inspiring and authentic solutions.
As a person, you are An experienced leader of projects. You are obsessed with every detail of the craft, with a proven ability to create strategic frameworks that ground campaign approaches in actionable insights. You are comfortable working across a range of digital projects — willing to start anywhere in the process and do what it takes to uncover insights that unlock our partner’s challenges. Your influence manifests through experience and empathy, inspiring your colleagues to bring their best each day and driving quality output through thoughtful research and campaign planning.
As a worker, you will
- Drive strategy for campaigns across multiple channels (social, display, .com, email).
- Develop brand positioning, campaign frameworks, and channel strategies.
- Gather insights and data to inform strategies and creative concepts.
- Create and deliver compelling briefs and presentations that inspire teammates and clients.
- Work closely with clients and internal teams to implement new campaigns and strategies to scale current campaigns into new areas of opportunity.
- Act as the strategic subject matter expert for clients as well as internal teams.
- Participate in project evaluations and assessment of projects.
- Work cross-departmentally to align campaign strategies and goals across the organization.
- Monitor and deliver best practices across trends in digital media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how creatives and clients can best leverage the insights.
- Provide ongoing actionable insights into campaign performance to relevant stakeholders.
- Work within a team environment but be comfortable leading work independently.
- Informally mentor teammates and shape up new ways of thinking within the agency.
As for experience, you need
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, communications, anthropology, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing, preferably within an agency setting.
- Extensive background in strategic planning and implementation of insights-driven campaign and digital marketing tactics, including development of KPIs, messaging testing strategies for continued optimization of paid media, social, email, .com, in-app, and other digital channels.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing and integrating digital, traditional, and OOH channels into executable and measurable strategies.
- Solid experience writing actionable creative briefs and brand plans for campaigns that are highly conceptual, highly tactical, or at times a combination of both.
- Strong understanding of paid social, programmatic advertising platforms and display.
- Experience in testing and optimizing ad creative and retargeting campaigns.
- Know how to leverage audience targets, analytics data, digital trends, user behaviors, competitive audits and asset/experience evaluations to inform the marketing approach.
- Ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative research.
- But even better, you have
- High knowledge in digital channel best practices: display, social (paid and organic), email, .com and motion.
- Know how to orchestrate omni channel campaigns that deliver ideal customer experiences.
- Ability to contribute to work at each of its stages and ensure business and creative goals align.
- Familiarity with the digital build process, its supporting documentation, and deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Experience pitching work and leading internal teams to solutions.
- Well versed in writing inspiring creative briefs and strategy presentations for conceptual and tactical campaigns.
- Advanced knowledge of media fundamentals and an ability to educate at all levels.
- Experience with A/B split test and Multivariate testing.
- An understanding of and interest in related digital marketing tactics, including SEO and native advertising.