Social Media Copywriter
Local Talent Only - Must be able to go onsite Monday and Tuesday, and then work remote the rest of the week.
- social media copywriting experience, experience with legal jargon, detail oriented, project management skills, organized, detail-oriented
Nice to Have:
- Bilingual (Spanish or French)
- Financial or Regulated Industry experience
We are looking for a strategic storyteller and skilled communicator with a track record of leading and growing social channels to manage the ideation, writing, organization, and distribution of social content for this financial services company. Strong project management experience and a deep understanding of social voice, tone, style and creative is critical. The ideal candidate will have experience executing daily copywriting for social media and managing a content approval and distribution process.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that the company's content across social channels is innovative, consistent, fresh, engaging, and executable on a per-platform basis. They will lead the content strategy and development of the content calendar, working closely with the Social Media Manager, Social Media Field Marketing Manager, Graphic Designer and the SEO Specialist to meet our business objectives, increase brand awareness and reach target audiences.
This role requires a detailed understanding of publishing tools, analytics tools and social marketing technology as well as all native platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and beyond). To excel in this role, the Social Media Content Strategist will continuously work on understanding and identifying company's audiences, both from a corporate and field standpoint, and how they are segmented and differentiated across the different social channels. Further, a willingness to understand the regulatory boundaries that apply to advertising within the financial services industry, and an ability to adapt content to meet those requirements, is critical.
- Develop, plan, manage, and implement social media content strategy to increase brand awareness, sales, engagement and target audience reach
- Develop innovative and engaging content for use by our field sales force
- Manage the content approval process from ideation through distribution
- Leverage and adapt new story angles over time for the brand that promote positive, brand-centric messages to different sets of key user audiences
- Execute publishing plan across all social channels on an intraday, daily and weekly basis and help us gain followers, likes, and shares among all audiences including prospects, clients, recruits and potential recruits
- Identify opportunities to produce storytelling initiatives, including short and long-form content and/or videos, social videos, co-branded campaigns or content, and production of live events.
- Promote ongoing company news, updates, and activities (routinely) as well as campaigns (selectively), via new types of new targeted creative written social content
- Identify and manage appropriate social tags and handles to create effective and engaging social posts that seek to maximize user engagement while aligning with Primerica’s brand and desired audience
- Monitor and build social SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and general user engagement by further developing, optimizing, and improving the performance of content, platform-by-platform
- Identify customers' needs and recommend new topics
- Work closely with PR and Community Relations to leverage and repurpose content to extend the reach and impact of our earned media.
- Coordinate with Legal to understand content restrictions and required disclosures, and follow robust legal internal process throughout the content development and publication process
- Partner with the Social Media Manager to define social media content KPIs and manage reporting and performance evaluations, leveraging actionable insights to improve ongoing content optimizations efforts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a Content Strategist, Content Manager or similar role
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Experience working with a content management system (CMS)
- Expert in developing social content strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI
- Strict adherence to the company style guides, branding, and policies for publication
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tight deadlines independently
- 7+ years of experience in social media content strategy, and content creation
- Experience managing, publishing, and reporting with Sprinklr
- Insurance and Financial Services industry experience or a similarly regulated field preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus