Job descriptionOur client, an innovative Beauty Brand Company, is looking for a Fulltime Sourcing Specialist to join their growing team!
This is a great opportunity to grow with a large brand within the beauty space!
Salary-Depends on years of experience
Location-Hybrid in Van Nuys, CA
What You'll Do:
- Follow all assigned purchase orders through to completion.
- Manage open POs and inbound shipment schedules for on-time deliveries
- Plan and schedule purchase orders to meet customer due dates and coordinate and expedite materials to eliminate shortages.
- Responsible for the timely procurement of products while adhering to specifications set by management.
- Prepare vendor RFQs and request quotations.
- Complete vendor quote comparisons and negotiations ensuring best price, delivery, and quality.
- Interface with Product Development, Product Management, Shipping, Creative and Sales.
- Develop and maintain high-quality vendor relations.
- Support other positions and therefore need to have technical aptitude, attention to detail, strong communication skills – verbal and written, and an ability to find delivery solutions to meet production needs, customer requirements, and business objectives.
- Maintain and evaluate a list of initial sources of supply and backup sources to ensure uninterrupted production.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news relating to port/logistic or supply domestically and internationally.
- Negotiating rates with freight shipping companies, striving towards the goal of lowering shipping costs while ensuring on-time delivery.
- Handle and resolve any issues that arise with shipping companies, delayed shipments, etc.
- Keep meticulous records of shipment information, invoices, bill of lading, etc.
- Process purchase orders & arrange stocking materials based on min/max levels to ensure proper quantities are available on hand.
- Obtain, review, verify shipping documents by assigned vendor and update status.
- Review all bills with all inbound logistics business partners to ensure its accuracy.
- Assist in determining the cause for inventory misalignment and shortages and help develop solutions to solve recurring issues.
- Source qualified new products and new vendors to fulfill the company’s roadmaps.
- Own new product development schedule.
- Create and maintain product library.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in business, finance or supply management preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years as a Purchasing Buyer.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word, and have strong communication (verbal and written), negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, be well organized, take initiative, be flexible, work well under pressure, work effectively with both employee and management and be able to facilitate resolution of complex issues.
- Ability to multi-task, ability to management multiple tasks and projects.
- Work well within a team environment.