Job descriptionOur client, a Japanese video game developer, publisher, arcade manufacturer and distribution company who is looking for a Sr. Creative Services Manager
- Location: Irvine,CA
- Hybrid (1-2 days onsite)
The Sr Creative Services Manager is used to working cross-functionally with brand marketing, media, social, sales, operations, and consumer insight teams as well as game studio partners. The ideal candidate has a wealth of experience project managing and art directing internal creative professionals and a roster of agencies/freelancers. They remain calm under pressure and understand how to use insight and data to ground the creative process whilst bringing sizzle and flair to their creative executions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspire creative excellence and promote brand standards.
- Provide empowering leadership for direct reports and as a creative ambassador across the organization.
- Host and manage kick-off and creative review meetings. Collaborate on agency briefings and support the creative development with concept feedback and art direction. Work with Brand Leads to manage creative budgets.
- Be curious about what gaming competitors and leading entertainment companies are doing in both traditional and digital advertising media to promote acquisition, fandom, and engagement.
- Shape and influence the creative process, have familiarity with popular project management tools and digital asset systems.
- Proactively drive the flow of projects from concept to release, develop style guides, storyboards, and reference materials. Evaluate briefs, gather assets and provide art direction. Champion approvals and provide clear and concise communication to Licensors and internal stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the CS Project Manager, create project schedules for key art, toolkits, and packaging including Steelbook and all platform SKUs in partnership with the Operations team.
- Establish project priorities and run daily CS scrums meetings. Communicate milestones, deadlines, and design needs.
- Identify and investigate best practices for web design and digital advertising engagement/conversion.
- Create a culture of feedback that is healthy, supportive, and open. Mentor a team of artworkers, videographers and web professionals.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of Creative Project Management/art direction/brief writing in an advertising agency, design firm, in-house design department or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience working with Creatives and Brand Managers in a high-growth environment, including all operational aspects of delivering a campaign, from workflow to timelines, asset development and budget tracking.
- A collaborative and supportive spirit with a can-do attitude and ability to make measured design decisions.
- Creative problem-solving skills including storyboarding and rapid visualization
- Familiar with 3D and 2D illustrators and the tools they use.
- Knowledge with reviewing, negotiating and managing any outside agencies or freelancers.
- Experience hiring and scaling a team of varied skillsets for growth that's appropriate to the forecasted needs of the company.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- A passion for video games
- Experience working with a Japanese games publisher is a plus