Sr. Design Program Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools
Sr. Design Program Manager Overview:
We're seeking a Senior Design Program Manager to join our Design Operations team to support CX & Design Operations growth & community programs. In this role the Design Program Manager will help evolve our operational processes by designing, overseeing and optimizing programs in alignment with Mailchimp’s strategic goals. This role’s responsibilities align with CXD team members' development, growth and separation. As such, the Design Program Manager must liaise with several departments including L&D, HR, Culture and Finance. To promote transparency, the Program Manager is tasked with creating and circulating communication around departmental events, milestones, processes and opportunities. Establishing key infrastructure and reporting will provide crucial insights into department operations.
Sr. Design Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Curate Design growth opportunities such as conferences, classes and workshops
- Assist Designers in all training-related travel and reconcile with Accounting
- Manage Design specific onboarding activities for all new hires in partnership with managers
- Partner with other departments, such as HR, culture and L&D to create scalable systems whereby Design employees can thrive in their current and future roles
- Serve as a liaison between Design and other departments, such as HR, culture and L&D on growth & community related programs
- Coordinate with Design Ops Program Managers to incorporate production processes into onboarding curriculum and departmental training
- Manage budgets, reporting and fund allocation for growth & community programs
- Manage CXD comms calendar and distribution of weekly digest
- Manage appropriate tools and systems to create, manage, report on program performance and present insights to department leadership
Sr. Design Program Manager Qualifications:
- You have excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multitask and pivot quickly.
- You have an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- You have proficiency in G Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Confluence, Workfront (as well as other project management tracking tools).
- You have a strong understanding of design thinking, project management and design production processes.
- You have demonstrated use of production management techniques and tools to scope and track projects.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.