*About the Position*
What You'll Be Doing in This Role
- Develop strong understanding of users based upon data
- Build hypothesis to drive growth, with focus on retention
- Design & execute experiments, working closely with Product Growth and Product Marketing
-Learn from experiments and scale successful outcomes
- Measured on driving insight and learnings from experiments & uplift in retention
- Role will grow over time and inherit additional scope across acquisition and monetization
- Data driven, comfortable with building data models & driving insight/analysis
- Has influenced product roadmap decisions based upon data driven insights
- Has run or contributed to growth programs or experiments, hopefully some successful examples
- Their superpower is understanding user behavior based upon data
*Why This Position Is Exciting
- We have dedicated engineering resources for growth marketing
- Very nimble engineering team available as a resource to them
- We have 4 million users with 7 million published documents (designs) in the product.
This is a lot of fun data to work with!
-Mid/Senior level person who is either making a lateral move or ready to level-up in to a senior level position
-Job title can up-level to include “Senior” if needed
-This person could currently be working within a marketing department or product department.
- At slightly larger orgs this sits under product b/c it’s “growth engineering”
We are building an app used by tens of thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
About the Growth Marketing Role:
- The Growth Crew drives new user acquisition, monetization, and retention and manages a registered user base of more than 4 million users.
- The Sr. Manager, Growth Marketing will help drive growth across the user lifecycle with specific focus on retention. This will require a strong understanding of our users based upon usage, demographic, and firmographic data.
- This person will build hypothesis on how we can help users gain the most value from our product and run growth experiments with targeted content, using channels like in app prompts, email & more.
*Not all experiments will succeed and that’s OK — the ones that do succeed will make all the difference. This role will play a critical part in scaling our product-led growth machine, as the marketing partner to Growth Engineering and Growth Product, as well as Sales and Support Crews.
- Leverage data warehouse to build data models and provide insight into drivers of retention, churn, and contraction
- Design and run experiments to drive uplift in retention, including actions that will help increase active use of our product
- Work with Product Growth crew to build features & tools that will support growth experiments and work with Product Marketing on creating tailored content to use in those experiments
- Analyze and report results from growth experiments, learning and improving over time
- Scale & implement successful growth experiments across the user base
- 6+ years work experience, minimum 3 years in Growth Marketing or Product Analytics
- Depth in using qualitative and quantitative data to build hypothesis & drive insight
- Experience working with product teams and features roadmap
- A passion for experimentation & helping users gain product value
- You collaborate well across teams and have strong communication skills
- Familiarity with SQL, spreadsheets, marketing automation (such as Hubspot or Marketo), CRM (such as Salesforce), website analytics (such as Segment or Mixpanel)
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS startup and a good understanding of SaaS metrics is a plus