The Sr. Sourcing & Contract Manager will have primary responsibility for supporting our clients internal stakeholders with the procurement of services, products, commodities and professional services from various third-party providers. As part of the Supplier Management & Governance team. This role is responsible for developing and leading purchasing and sourcing strategies in collaboration with business partners and budget managers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop, review, and negotiate Master Professional Service Agreements and Amendments, Statements of Work, Service Agreements and vendor agreements to support business activities and departmental needs in adherence with our client’s procedures and company policies.
• Draft and redline commercial components and negotiate terms & conditions, pricing, and key contract terms.
• Prepare, review, execute, and manage the process for approval of contracts, contract renewals, terminations, and change orders.
• Develop and execute purchasing and category strategies while managing the entire procurement process resulting in the best possible terms for value/cost savings, TCO, quality, risk-mitigation, regulatory compliance, service and delivery.
• Assist with risk analysis to identify issues and develop risk mitigation strategies. Be able to effectively communicate risk to business owners and functional partners.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to define product/service requirements and lead competitive sourcing initiatives/RFx events for product, services, professional services, and IT-related business needs.
• Support RFx creation/management, third-party provider communications, market research/analysis, data collection/analysis, third-party provider evaluation and selection recommendations, business proposals and contract negotiations.
• Identify and realize cost-reduction and cost-avoidance saving
• Proactively develop and manage positive relationships with stakeholders, third party providers, business partners, and peers; must be able to balance, influence and align internal customer needs with corporate business goals.
• Meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, establishing and maintaining effective relationships, fostering trust and respect as a “trusted advisor”.
• Act as a consultant to business parents and a valued resource to stakeholders for the procurement of goods and services.
• Maintain positive relationships with key third-party providers and be able to creatively problem solve issues and effectively handle escalations should they arise.
• Lead continuous quality improvements in processes and tools resulting in increased efficiencies.
• Follow the strategic direction set by senior management and execute on corporate and departmental goals and initiatives.
• Project management skills with the ability to lead and prioritize activities.
• Demonstrate proficiency at workload and time management.
• Support the internal team structure through collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork.
• Bachelor’s degree requested.
• Masters preferred.
• In depth knowledge of Procurement strategy, processes, systems/tools and procurement/supplier management best practices.
• 6-10 years of experience in contract management, sourcing, procurement, and/or supply management.
• Successful track record of implementation and management of sourcing strategy and vision.
• Experience in negotiation of assets, outsourced service, hardware and software/Cloud, and professional services contracts.
• Proficient in the use of MS SharePoint, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Proficient skillset in analyzing cost data, research market trends, identify best practices, and manage supporting contract development activities.
• Substantial experience in process improvement and a functioning knowledge of Lean methodologies.
• Knowledge of legal terminology and language related to supplier agreements.
• Proven negotiation, contracting and project management skills.
• Demonstrated success in designing content and presenting for senior management.
• Flexibility and adaptability to effectively adapting to change.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate well in a team environment, be a strategic thinker and an excellent communicator.
3. Professional certification required:
CPSM, C.P.M., CPIM, or CSCP or equivalent certification is strongly preferred