The Technology Project Manager plays an essential role in the success of Marketing Technology initiatives by ensuring project deliverables, activities, issues, risks and other components are properly identified, documented, organized, followed up on and updated.
Develop and implement a best-practice-based approach to managing Marketing Technology projects, including but not limited to:
- Work closely with Technology leadership to identify and document key objectives, internal constraints, risks, and other factors to establish and drive forward an effective Marketing Technology project management practice
- Internalize findings and integrate market-based best practices to develop a coherent approach to managing Marketing Technology projects and ensure consistent delivery of projects over time.
- Identify repeatable deliverables, work packages or activities across Marketing Technology and Web projects and create reusable templates that capture required steps, dependencies, and generic resource assignments.
- Maintain the templates in project management solution to accelerate the planning of future projects and ensure all required project areas are identified early and considered in the project planning process.
- Maintain and update internally developed Marketing Technology project management best practices on an ongoing basis.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to maintain an accurate pipeline of projects, and to facilitate periodic reviews to prioritize and sequence project deliveries in accordance with evolving objectives.
Project Management Responsibilities
Leveraging best practices and relationships developed as part of PMO responsibilities above:
- Educate and guide project teams on how to apply best practices during the project management lifecycle.
- Work with Marketing Technology team leadership to set overall direction and priorities for the Marketing Technology portfolio of projects and roadmap
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and project teams to set and align business and IT strategic goals
- Help sequence and prioritize projects to deliver against identified business and IT goals
- Serve as the primary project liaison between IT and business representatives for all project activities and interactions
- Learn the company Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) solution and become a champion for its use in all aspects of project management and reporting
- Working with project stakeholders, provide hands-on project management leadership from project initiation, to planning, execution, control, and closing.
- Assist in the definition of project objectives, scope, and deliverables
- Communicate project objectives and ensure alignment with members of the project team
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to develop project briefs, business cases, assembling relevant information that will help prioritize projects and related resource commitments based on facts
- As business cases progress toward project status, determine resource requirements (staffing, software, hardware, third party), coordinate availability and assignment of internal and external resources
- Help management prioritize projects based on expected value, ROI or other defined KPls
- For approved projects, develop detailed project schedules to monitor and track progress
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Document issues and coordinate follow up and resolution
- Identify project risks and manage risk response plan
- Facilitate the resolution of issues and risks through proactive discussions with stakeholders
- Escalate issues and risks to management as needed to ensure awareness and drive response
- Organize weekly project status calls and publish timely status reports to stakeholders and management
- Monitor scope compliance and document/record change requests
- Coordinate the review and approval (or deferral) of change requests based on impact on schedule/budget
- Oversee the execution of testing, training, and cutover activities
- Plan for and implement requisite change management activities to minimize impact on stakeholder organizations and drive solution adoption
- Throughout the project lifecycle, maintain regular communications with all stakeholder groups
- Seek input and maintain a list of "lessons learned" during the full project lifecycle so execution of future projects can be improved
- Help push UX-led initiatives and best practices, and facilitate UX methodologies and deliverables
- Help create documentation and prepare for project steering committees (or lead, as required)
- Maintain project budget, actuals, and identify and report on trends to prevent or limit cost overruns
Skills and Qualifications:
- Key Requirement: 5+ years of experience leading or coordinating B2C web development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to lead large local or geographically dispersed project teams
- Ability to create presentations and present in front of large audiences, including senior executives
- Ability to address short-term tactical requirements without losing site of the longer-range strategic direction
- Ability to motivate others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met
- Proven analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communicational skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field (will consider applicants with extensive PM experience managing IT and technology projects in lieu of specific degree requirements)
- Working knowledge or experience with some or all of the following: UX deliverables, Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experienced with or working knowledge of IT controls frameworks ranging from System Development Life Cycle,
requirements gathering and management, change management, test management, SOX etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft's office desktop solutions, most specifically Excel and PowerPoint a must, SharePoint, Visio,Teams, Atlassian's Jira and Confluence a plus