Our client is looking for an Apparel Technical Designer for Mens Swim and Sportswear. You must have strong product knowledge, be organized, self-motivated, detail orientated, have excellent written/oral communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accurately measure samples
• Prepare and lead Fittings
• Create & update Graded specs
• Input specs, measurements, Fit photos per style and issue Fit evaluations.
• Cross check against tech packs for construction & design details.
• Review & communicate pattern corrections as needed against existing Blocks
• Daily communication with overseas/import vendors
• Prioritize working on and mailing Fit samples per customer daily depending on their Fit schedule and shipping deadlines.
• Communicate, interface, and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with Design, Product Development, Production, Technical Design, Merchandising and Sales
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Strong multitasking, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience with patternmaking and digital Pattern Design Software (Tukatech, Gerber, Optitex) a plus.
• Must be able to be flexible regarding job duties and pivot daily tasks as needed.
• Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in apparel imports and in Technical Design