Job descriptionTitle: User Experience
• We’re looking for a driven, practical user experience professional who can help us formulate and validate our user experience designs.
• User Researchers at Blue Shield of California focus primarily on applying usability testing to assess the quality of existing designs and validate the improvements in new designs.
• They may also be involved early in projects to model environments, behaviors and attitudes of users, in order to inform product definition and design.
• They work closely with interaction designers, visual designers and content strategists to make sure our designs fit meet business and UX quality goals.
• Help UX team identify and clarify user research goals.
• Create usability testing plans.
• Lead test participant recruiting efforts.
• Schedule user research and communicate with the team.
• Moderate usability testing and user research.
• Analyze behavior and other data to identify patterns and preferences in user behaviors.
• Identify usability successes and prioritized usability problems.
• Summarize user research key points quickly and communicate to stakeholders after UX internal review.
• Create and share usability test reports.
• Establish and maintain a system for archiving user research documentation.
• Perform baseline usability analysis of existing interactions.
• Continuously improve user research processes.
• Satisfy business goals and other project constraints.
• Model users with personas.
• Represent the UX team as an advocate for human-centered design principles and practices.
Candidate must possess:
• Ability to conduct heuristic reviews of website and constituent interactions
• Strong knowledge of workflow analysis
• Strong knowledge of graphic fundamentals, web layout, typography
• A strong command of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and various web-related optimization techniques
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in various states of completion, across various projects
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high through-put environment, often with aggressive timelines
• Excellent communication skills