Our client is seeking a highly motivated User Experience Architect (UX Architect) to join the User Experience Team driving change to our website. The ideal candidate for this high-visibility position will have an extensive User Experience and/or Information Architect background building global enterprise websites. He or she will be fluent in interaction design, web and mobile architecture, and be able to design intuitive, user-centric workflows. The UX Architect will own the website structure and user flows, and play a critical role in a planned site redesign. This person will work with our internal User Experience Team, external design agencies, the Corporate IT Team, and stakeholders across the organization on short and long term strategies to increase usability of our online channel. Because our online presence is critical for the long-term success of our client, the person stepping into this position will be chartered with driving significant business growth online. The UX Architect will report to the Global e-Business Manager.
- Assess our website and satellite websites to evaluate current usability, visual design, efficiency for end-users (customers), taxonomy, on-site search, and performance to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze end-user (customer) needs and expectations for our website via user research including running Voice of Customer (VOC) surveys and/or focus groups.
- Facilitate business requirements and design discussions with peers on the User Experience team, our consultant design agency, and business stakeholders including global and regional product marketing.
- Use data from Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Power BI, ForeSee, SessionCam, BrightEdge and other sources to recommend and drive strategies and decisions based on data.
- Develop user flows and personas based around our multiple customer segments and their digital needs.
- Develop a content strategy, including a translation strategy, to create a ‘single voice’ for our website, and include best practices for SEO and on-site search.
- Ensure all design decisions promote Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and on-site search relevance.
- Prioritize features and enhancements for our longer-term digital roadmap.
- Stay abreast of the latest web and mobile technologies.
- Communicate updates regularly with stakeholders and senior management.
- BS or BA in Information Technology, Management Information Systems (MIS), Web Programming, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five+ years as a website User Experience Architect or Information Architect for an international enterprise-scale website.
- Extensive experience designing and delivering web and mobile solutions.
- Practical experience with modern Machine Learning techniques.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with presenting reports and top-line recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in B2B life sciences and/or clinical diagnostics industries is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of website and mobile architecture.
- Expertise in advanced SEO trends like schema markup, canonical URLs, and mobile SEO.
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to influence and coordinate with the creative teams, IT, and stakeholders to achieve our vision.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise Content Management Systems such as TeamSite, Drupal, or similar.
- Skilled with web production and wire-framing software such as Visio and Photoshop. Excellent organizational, leadership, and communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills.