• Responsible for creating wireframes, layouts, information design
• Usability reviews
• Break down problems into constituent parts for better understanding
• Design Conceptual UI Mock-ups (Visual Design).
• Create Style Specifications & UI Assets.
• Understand client needs that form inputs to the UI Designs
• Has knowledge of basic design principles like affordance, grouping, consistency, gestalt principles
• Knows basic heuristic principles of UI Design
• Knows basic User Research techniques
• Manage the development and evolution of the the ATLAS insights innovation digital experience, with a focus on great UX and front-end visual design
• Work closely with, and serve as, a thought partner with researchers, product director and engineers to deliver interfaces that drive value from the ATLAS platform
• Produce digital outputs, including user flows, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design comps, and motion studies—anything you need to help you articulate your ideas.
• Design systemically and contribute back to our shared design libraries
• This role will serve as a full stack designer engaging in interaction design, visual design, user testing, strategy, and the understanding product ecosystem. You will be expected to have empathy for the user, understand technical limitations and business strategies, as well as collaborate with cross functional teams.
• Capable of quickly proving out ideas with sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
• Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint
• A solid understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
• Ability to develop innovative design approaches to complex design problems
• Provide several examples of successfully launched digitally designed projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
• Be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
• Establish healthy working relationships with a cross functional team of designers, product managers, front end, and back end engineers in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent observational, interpersonal, oral and written communication, and a history of teamwork and collaboration
• Familiarity with agile methodologies delivering into software development lifecycle
• Experience with data products, visual analytics and/or 3D products a plus
• Experience with motion design and animation a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art or related field
• At least 4+ years experience in digital product design / UX/UI design for web and mobile
Additional Skills: Illustrator, Wireframes, Front-end, Indesign, Innovative Design, Marketing, Web UI, Merchandising, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Motion Design, Product Design, UI Design, User Testing, Animation, Brand Identity, Creative Direction, Illustration, Prototype, User Interface