We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated Lead User Experience Designer with a passion for elegant design to help evolve the look and feel of products in our Gaming & new Streaming groups. You are a systems-oriented thinker, who is happiest when solving highly ambiguous, multi-faceted problems. You love the intellectual challenge of communicating complex concepts to all levels of users – and figuring out how to say more with less.
You will use a variety of methods, including wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups and specifications to communicate design thinking to senior leadership, engineering and product partners at every phase of product development. You will collaborate on a daily basis with a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of design and research professionals working on some of the most challenging opportunities.
The right UX Designer is focused on the intersection of human behavior and technology. You have the precision of a researcher, the logic of an engineer, and can capably generate many solutions to a problem and design approaches to test them.
- Design vision-level, heroic happy path experiences while developing the strategy for future product iterations.
- Be comfortable with contributing to both software and hardware initiatives
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, esthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
- Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
- Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards
- . Present concepts, help facilitate ideation sessions, and workshops with internal teams.
- 7+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Preferred Requirements In-depth experience with desktop and mobile application design.
- Service or industrial design experience.
- Experience with a wide range of consumer electronics and connected devices.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Additional design skilled fields including motion design and prototyping.
- Relentless customer focus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Gaming & Streaming video or content creation a plus.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered. Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Newark, CA USA