Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring a Virtual Material Artist on a 12 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time. As a real-time environment artist you will contribute to the artistic vision and development of 3D materials for real-time footwear, apparel, & environment assets. Our clients best artists have impeccable artistic vision, are highly organized, savvy with a breadth of digital tools and stay up to date on new software, technologies, & processes. They are experts in creating procedural materials using Substance Designer as well as manipulating material scan textures. We are looking for someone that can push boundaries, innovate new methods of make, and help lead the charge within the metaverse.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
On any given day you will be responsible for creating realistic materials & shaders for virtual environments & products. This will include collaborating with some of the best designers in the world to bring to life the next generation in footwear & apparel designs. You will need to be able to troubleshoot, research, & find innovative solutions to challenging technical requirements.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work on the Digital Product Creation footwear virtual materials team alongside world class modelers, material artists, compositors, and coordinators. You will meet with and report to production studio management as well as footwear capabilities and technology stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING?
• A strong portfolio demonstrating proficiency in creating complex real-time materials & environments
• Bachelor’s degree in Design/Art, 3D Art, Game Design, or related field
• 5 years’ experience successfully delivering results in a production or creative studio
• Advanced experience working in real-time environments
• Expert level proficiency Substance Designer/Painter & creating PBR materials & textures
• Strong working knowledge of 3D modeling programs & rendering tools (Maya, Modo, Unreal, Unity, Vray, Octane etc..)
• Highly motivated & proactive personality
• Effective communicator