Job descriptionOUR CLIENT IS A BEAUTY TOOLS, NAIL POLISH AND HAIRCARE COMPANY THAT IS LOOKING FOR A STRONG ASSOCIATE PD MANAGER IN LA!
As the Associate Product Development Manager you will support the Product Development Director in executing global product launches and company brands. The Associate PD Manager, will provide creative input, design and inspiration to our product development team. The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to contribute both hard and soft skills to the team dynamic.
- Supports Product Development Director to execute ongoing and new product development initiatives
- Collaborates with Product Development Director to determine new market opportunities for products based on market data, consumer user insight, retail pricing structure and emerging trends.
- With direction of Product Development Director, builds new product innovation briefs outlining positioning, target, claims, packaging detail and other key product requirements.
- Responsible for creating project templates for new line review assortments; product sheets, pricing templates and presentation templates.
- Responsible for day-to-day communication with factories to ensure accurate and efficient delivery of samples and other key deliverables-This includes but not limited to vendor communication, negotiation and internal team/system updates
- Owns sample testing and evaluation prior to submitting to internal and external teams
- Supports with communication, documentation and cataloguing of product refinements through the development process
- Maintains and updates all project records to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Collaborates with cross-functional team consisting of sourcing, marketing, design, sales, operations and customer service Accountable for tracking both outbound and inbound samples, shipments to vendor and clients for timely delivery.
- Communicating with 3rd party resources and marketing team and use marketing data analytics tools to get better insight.
- Perform SWOT analysis
- 3+ years relevant product development or research and development experience. Experience in the Beauty Industry is a MUST.
- BA/BS degree required
- Be comfortable to engage with problem solving and eliminate hurdles.
- Comfortable to take initiative and can organize priorities for maximized output.
- Excellent time management: Highly organized and able to support strict deadlines
- Proficient multitasker, working well under project guidelines and pressure
- Proficient research skills to stay in tune industry trends, category concepts, and adjacent categories that can inspire innovation
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Excel
- Canva and Monday.com experience is a plus