Our client is a fruit-forward global skincare brand, looking for a Product Development Coordinator to join the team. The Product Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Product Development team, including the Product Development Senior Director, Manager and Assistant Manager, from product conception to final formula and packaging design. The candidate should have a strong understanding and passion for skincare, thrive in a fast-paced environment, be detail-oriented, and work well with cross-functional teams.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Lead and own market, competitive, scientific & industry research relevant to the development process.
- Support the product development lifecycle from concept to launch and optimizations, while ensuring on-time delivery of critical project milestones
- Assist product and packaging briefs, copy, artwork, formula feedback and timelines.
- Support cross-functional departments with robust product dossiers on formulations, ingredients, usage, benefits, claims, etc in a timely manner.
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of physical and digital product library including lab masters, standards, range boards, PPS samples, and vendor capabilities
- Conduct consumer surveys on products to iterate and drive improvements in future releases.
- Assist in organizing product and packaging samples for retailer meetings along with aiding the PD team in creating presentations for relevant meetings
- Assist the PD team in gathering and organizing product sample requests for cross-functional teams
- Help coordinate clinical and consumer claims testing processes.
- Support international registration processes, including documentation requests, compliant artwork, and claims creation.
- 1 year related experience working in cosmetic product development, preferably skincare.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, manage multiple projects at the same time & set priorities.
- Stay on top of the latest beauty and lifestyle trends and find opportunities for new products, variations and ideas.
- Outstanding organization, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Highly flexible and responsive, with ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities.
- Understanding of product development, consumer interests and beauty trends.
- Based in New York. Hybrid work environment but must be flexible to come into office 1-3 days a week
Salary: 55-70K DOE