24 Seven is partnering with our leading computer technology client in search of an ARM Engineer to join their team for this hybrid position in Portland, Oregon, Redmond, WA or Campbell, CA. This is a direct hire, salaried position. They do offer competitive benefits and a Flexible Time-Off schedule. Brief details are below.
This requires someone to be on-site at least 3 days a week. Candidates can be located in either Portland, OR, Redmond, WA or Campbell, CA. Please do not apply if you can not make it on-site on your own accord every week. Also this team cannot provide sponsorship or C2C.
Please apply with your resume for our team to review.
Salary is 100K to 130K DOE (options IPO stock options available!)
Design, develop, debug and support silicon and design-related hardware and software features for Arm devices, Linux, and other operating systems commonly used by Arm based systems. Work closely with team members to develop support for Arm SoCs and products, working with vendor SDKs and proprietary code development platforms.
• Power on new silicon products
• Develop extensions to existing open source bootloader (ex. U-Boot/CoreBoot) solutions
• Develop security wrapper for traditional U-Boot/CoreBoot solutions without Arm Trusted Firmware and Secure Boot support
• Design UEFI system solutions for reduced platform Arm products
• Integrate silicon reference code into the Phoenix UEFI firmware code when available
• Integrate a simplified version of Linux OS as part of firmware
• Create BSP/driver for new devices
• Create APIs for customer to deploy their value-added application
• Debug hardware and firmware issues
• Support bug and security fixes through a product’s lifecycle
• Develop original code and solutions for customization and value-add features
• Work closely with internal engineers from silicon, core, QA and customer teams
• Work closely with silicon vendor for problem analysis and resolution
• Having UEFI working experience at least 2+ years would be preferred
• 3+ years in a platform firmware development position
• Hand-on experience on Arm Trusted Firmware (or Trusted Firmware for A-profile), real code development experience on TrustZone will be a big plus.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, or 5+ years in firmware or software development
• Working knowledge of ARM Cortex A processors
• Experience with Windows or Linux operating system kernel and/or driver development
• Ability to read and understand motherboard schematics
• Proficiency in C (Rust and C++ desirable)
• Strong debugging skills
• Must work well both with a team and independently