Job descriptionOur activewear + swimwear client is seeking a Collection Associate Designer to join the team. The person in this position will collaborate and work with our Creative Director and Collection Assistant Designer to build on their foundation of seasonal designs for women’s collection categories. The primary job function is to design, create tech packs and flat sketches and maintain seasonal Visual Line Plans as needed for development and production. You will work with cross-functional teams including Design, Product Development, and Technical Design.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Create clean, concise, and accurate tech packs for women’s lifestyle collection with direction from the Creative Director
• Convert design sketches and/or samples into comprehensive tech packs using Adobe Illustrator and Web PLM.
• Create technical sketches by calling out construction and styling details.
• Prepare and revise tech packs as necessary throughout development phases.
• Attend handovers and fit meetings with Product Development and Design team.
• Create seasonal trim development martices and coordinate with Product Development team to ensure timely sample production.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate workload demands, clearly communicate project status, and maintain accountability
• Build out seasonal Product Knowledge decks outlining all styles CADS & style details. Audit style TP to ensure accurate information/details are properly handed over and communicated to vendor
• Support Assistant Designer with maintaining all seasonal collateral (vlps/tp and sketch updates) and check over work for accuracy and adhere to deadlines
• Partner with PD and Creative Director of Design to give fabric, trim, and lab dip comments
• Attend weekly virtual WIP meetings with key vendors and PD. Assist with fitting design detail/bom updates
• Attend all fittings (2x a week in person) to make sure design intention and brand identity is maintained
• College degree in Apparel Design
• At least 4+ years of experience in designing cut and sew knits and/or wovens/sweaters
• Proficient in creating tech packs
• Proficient knowledge in Illustrator
• Understanding of garment construction
• Ability to sketch flat garments and make construction call outs
• Must be positive, a critical thinker, organized, a team player, very detail-oriented, and a fast learner
• Knowledge of Microsoft OS (excel, outlook, teams) & Apple OS (the company laptop is a mac) & Adobe Illustrator
• Knowledge of PLM software a plus but not required
• Valid driver’s license and ability to work within the office environment 2-3 a week once office re-opens
• Hybrid work model: 2 days on-site in Irvine, CA office and 3 days remote