We are seeking a dynamic and purpose-driven individual to join our agile and growing organization. Bring your passion, ideas, and skill to help us advance the community of East Bay providers. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys collaboration, embraces technology, loves a fast-paced environment, and is motivated to learn and make big changes with a “community forward” attitude.
Reporting to the Association Executive, the position creates and manages all financial transactions and develops timely financial reports from that information. Managing financial activities includes posting information to accounting journals and QuickBooks from source documents/applications (AMS, CRM, etc.) such as invoices to members/partners, cash receipts, and supplier/vendor invoices. The position also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
-Accounts payable – pay liabilities as they come due for payment.
- Process and enter bills, invoices and statements
- Pay supplier and vendor invoices in the prescribed timely manner (generally monthly)
- Process for staff reimbursements and contractor payments
- Manage vendor onboarding
-Accounts receivables – ensure receivables are collected promptly.
- Record all cash receipts (cash, checks, credit cards)
- Make and record bank deposits (mobile)
- Work with staff to collect outstanding receivables
- Issue and mail invoices to customers
-Download and reconcile banking transactions in QuickBooks and balance with AMS/CRM tools.
-Conduct a monthly reconciliation of financial accounts and conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
-Issue financial statements at the direction of management and Board Treasurer.
-Provide information to the external accounting resources who creates the company’s financial statements.
-Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit.
-Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements.
-Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
-Maintain the chart of accounts
-General entries: assign categories and classes for:
- Debit purchases
- Gusto Payroll processing. Manage the staff payroll system, process, and reporting
- Outside contractor payments
- PayPal transfers (using associated tools, including direct PayPal feeds)
- Journal entries, including for restricted grants
-Make allocation changes for new locations, wages, payroll tax allocations.
-Maintain outside contractor, vendor and supplier information.
-Manage contractor payments, including through third-party Bill Pay systems.
-Maintain the annual budget information.
-Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
-Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
-Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
-Create regular and ad hoc reports, including:
• P&L and balance sheet reports
• Reports to the CPA
• 1099 reports
• Regular Executive Committee reports, Development Committee reports, Board reports, budget reports
-Maintain confidentiality and security of all financial information, including access to financial information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• A degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as
knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the QuickBooks accounting
software package (both desktop and online versions) and Gusto HR (payroll).
• Strong communication skills are essential for ongoing and as-needed discussions with the
management, staff, CPA, board directors and heads of board committees.
• Non-profit bookkeeping experience required.
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel skills and Microsoft technology experience is a major plus.
• Good cultural fit with staff and members.
• Ability to work independently, cooperatively and reliably in a virtual work