SketchDeck- Senior Business Development Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
About SketchDeckSketchDeck is building the model for the next generation of creative agencies. Through a combination of technology, partnership, and a global talent community, SketchDeck gives marketers access to quality creative. SketchDeck teams are strategic partners and brand guardians, working through an agile and transparent process. We work with clients from startups to well-known enterprise brands such as Dropbox, Remy Cointreau, and Asana.
RoleWe are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager (SBDM) to lead the development and success of new enterprise accounts at SketchDeck. You will educate our potential customers about SketchDeck's creative capabilities, and you will help drive the growth of SketchDeck by cultivating a healthy pipeline and managing positive and effective proposal and pitch development processes.
As the Senior Business Development Manager, you will work across various business departments and industries working with customers on how SketchDeck can be a long-term creative partner. You will be our client's first point of contact and see the relationship through the transition from business development to creative development.
You will report directly to the Director of Business Development.
- Generate net-new opportunities by prospecting, networking, and attending events (including sourcing and completing RFP).
- Vet inbound leads through qualification, screening out leads with insufficient budgets or needs we cannot serve.
- Partner with co-selling partners to understand cross-sell opportunities and build success plan.
- Hold initial meetings with clients to understand their goals and budget, get them excited about our creative solutions, and build enough trust to secure a next step or close.
- Lead discover process to uncover client needs & goals.
- Build creative account strategies that drive real impact in our clients.
- Drive creative pitch process to win creative work and ongoing creative partnerships ($1m+ AOR relationships being primary goal).
- Retain and expand accounts over time.
- Support effective new business operations through process innovation, CRM maintenance, and marketing strategies.
We are looking for people who have:
- 7+ years experience in business development, with at least 3+ years in a creative agency.
- Experience building and executing high-level strategy. We're looking for someone who can see the big-picture and carry through the tasks.
- Problem-solving skills and can move between working autonomously and collaborating with multiple team members within SketchDeck to impact the company's goals.
- Experience securing business with medium to large-sized enterprise clients.
- A consistent track record of converting opportunities.
- Passion for design, creativity, and working in a marketing-centric environment.
- Consultative selling and closing skills.
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Base salary averaging from $90,000 - $100,000 (DOE), plus generous commission structure
- 401(k) with company match
- Fully remote working (that started pre-covid and will continue after!)
- Paid time off that grows with tenure
- Annual company retreat
- Computer hardware of your choice (up to $1,500)
- $500 towards your office setup expenses
- To work with a talented team of designers, team members, and engineers