Job descriptionOur client, is looking for an Events Manager in the entertainment space to join their team.
Located in Los Angeles
Contract - 4 months to start (full time hours)
Hybrid - Mon-Thurs onsite, Friday is remote
- Manages UP&E global, regional and executive events from concept to final execution across all business segments, with events scale ranging from trade shows & exhibitions to intimate executive level meetings
- Leads sourcing of third-party production vendors (lighting, staging, crew, sound engineers, producers, teleprompters, choreographers, hair/mark-up) as well as event logistics including but not limited to: locations, hotel blocks, catering, entertainment, giveaways, transportation, schedules, invites, attendee management and communication to ensure the event is successfully executed
- Serves as event lead day of production, ensuring high quality participant experience and staffing/managing the event appropriately. Examples of event staff include receptionists, ushers, photographers, security, etc.
- Manages all legal documentation required of events, including vendor agreements, location agreements, NDAs, etc.
- Develops and manages the run of show for all events, as well as production timelines for all assigned events; proactively and continuously manages updates to project trackers, project management tools, or other ad hoc reports
- Manages and delivers events on or under budget. Negotiates favorable terms with vendors. Partners with Finance to manage respective assigned events budget, including budget planning, quarterly forecasting and pacing along with PO creation and invoicing
- Provides insight and meaningful consultation for events not directly managed by special projects team
- Keeps security of assets top of mind and guides team on usage and distribution
- Leads review meetings per timelines for assigned events. Provides agenda points and keeps meetings on track and on time. Recaps meetings and next steps for key stakeholder alignment
- Effectively communicates scope creep or delays in projects that could impact event quality, budget, or delivery timelines
- Maintains an accurate definition of scope and timing for deliverables based on business priorities & event experience expectations
- Manages approvals waterfall for all events, including executive-level approval moments
- Builds relationships across the organization and with outside agencies to drive efficiency, productivity, and executional goals
- Oversees inventory for event supplies in storage unit