The National Account Manager for US eCommerce owns the delivery of Retail Sales Targets and P&L targets for a portfolio of Beauty brands for Ulta.com. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Ecommerce Retail, US. Job functions include account management, business development and analysis, brand growth strategy definition for the account, online content fundamentals execution, Trade marketing program development and execution, and budget management. The successful candidate will be managing an exciting portfolio of brands.
National Account Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Ownership and delivery of business development roadmap to achieve targets with account for his/her brand portfolio
- Ownership of the day to day commercial relationship with customer for his/her brand portfolio
- Drive sell-in of new launches, and analyze business performance on an ongoing basis proposing recommendations to improve retail sales
- Define and execute brand growth strategies for account, contributing to our annual joint business plan.
- Act as the key point of contact with the account, managing and addressing daily requests, working closely with internal cross-functional teams.
- Define and manage trade budget, as well as account Retail Sales growth, in partnership with Sell-In. Digital media performance = Sales/traffic/conversion performance & opportunities
- Maximize retail onsite exposure by leveraging trade (Co-Op) budget and online meaningful exclusives, to drive performance.
- Measure performance of co-op campaigns, providing recommendations to maximize trade spend efficiency based on ROI learning
- Execution of Perfect Store On-line at, working closely with local eCommerce Excellence group for on-line sales fundamentals (`CARS`) optimization, fit-for-use e-retail content, and media activation. Achieving scorecard targets as measured by eStore.
- Ensure the flawless operations with the customer for his/her brand portfolio, including GWP/Sampling program planning, eCommerce specific promotions, and forecast accuracy for eCommerce only assortment or leads to deliver assortment and non-sellable supply to ensure we are meeting customer requirements (working with supply chain).
National Accounts Manager Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree; advanced degree a plus
- 4+ years of retail, account management experience, with 2-3 years of e-commerce experience.
- Affinity with Beauty. Prior beauty category experience is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
Special skills required:
- Ability to consistently achieve positive results externally
- Good knowledge of retail.com business model with ability to apply this knowledge to win
- Strong analytical skills to distill actionable insights from data
- Ability to listen to understand, and to translate brand strategies to enroll the customer
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively resolve competing priorities for team and customer, or for the team and other functions
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, complex matrix and changing environment
- Flexibility to travel as required – est. 10% of time