Job description24 Seven is partnering up with their top global sportwear client based in Portland, OR to help them find a Senior Designer to join their team in this hybrid opportunity! This is a full-time, 6 month contract with potential to extend. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
Ideal Candidate: will have 7 years of design and/or product trend forecasting experience in agency or in-house setting, experience with WGSN and/or Future Lab would be a huge plus as well as having a clear understanding and passion for trend research, methodology and forecasting.
This is a Senior Design role focused on Product and Style Trends in the Central Product Creative team. Work will include specific trend projects based on design priorities for the season, as well as broader trend research to inspire the company's Creative Direction.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a hardworking and creative Senior Designer for Product, Style & Trend. In this role, you will work on future design and product trends, forecasting relevant thought starters, concepts and narratives for Footwear, Apparel, Accessories, Color, Print & Pattern. You will also build on key consumer insights, data and analytics from multiple teams within consumer insights organization, and translate these into actionable solutions for Design, that are both gender and activity group relevant, to serve the company's future consumer. Utilizing a strong knowledge of sports & culture, you will strategize around product positioning, and strive to create meaningful product. A broad understanding of consumer needs, competitor products, consumer retail habits, design, style, sport and market trends is important, as you apply these insights into product solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
If this is you, you will play a key role in establishing and exploring the company's Creative Direction. You will lead seasonal work and act as the trend point person for specific product creation activity groups, and develop new and engaging design and product trend research projects and workshops across Footwear, Apparel and Accessories, Color, Print & Pattern. Your work focuses on consistent research and analysis of design and lifestyle shifts, as well as tracking the trend leading tastemakers and creative experts driving change in sport and culture. You create mixed media outputs and explore future aesthetics in new and exciting ways, immersing Design teams in rich sensory experiences that bring Creative Direction to life. You act as a creative catalyst to fuel Design teams with aesthetic and culturally connected intelligence that will inspire them to generate sport and lifestyle products that will lead the marketplace.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the Senior Creative Director, Product Style & Trend. This is a highly visible role that collaborates closely with Footwear, Apparel, Color, Graphics, Print & Pattern, and Concept Designers across all product creation teams. You will work closely with the DII, Product, Style & Trend, as well as other members of the extended CPC team to bring the company Design’s overarching Creative Direction and specific Product Narratives and Concepts to life with relevant design & product trends, creative intelligence and immersive design workshops. You will also work with Consumer Insights teams in order to surface the latest consumer data.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, or combination of relevant education, experience, and training.
- Minimum 7 years of design and/or product trend forecasting experience in agency or in-house setting..
- Clear understanding of trend research and methodology and a natural ability to unearth emerging patterns of change.
- Expert in Keynote, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. Adobe Premier and other media editing software is not essential, but a definite plus.
- Expert understanding of design, fashion + street trends and subcultures.
- Knows sport culture.
- Strong curiosity, open minded, with a thirst to research and analyze multiple sources for new creative ideas and intelligence.
- Tireless information seeker: diving deep into diverse cultures, societal shifts and human behaviors to understand the future Consumer.
- Trusted synthesis of consumer insights, as well as emerging aesthetics, with an ability to connect this information to future product concepts.
- Creative catalyst, with strong storytelling and presentation skills and proficiency to support trend workshops and ideation sessions.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group and to network, influence and utilize internal and external resources.
- Interview and moderation capabilities are not essential, but a desire to learn is essential.
- Optimistic, positive and inclusive spirit with ability and desire to drive collaboration and inspire collective genius.
- Passion for creativity and design.