Job description24 Seven is partnering with a well-known Portland establishment to help find a Senior Events Manager to join their team! This is a full-time salaried opportunity with incredible benefits. This is a hybrid role, with 2-3 days required onsite each week.
Ideal Candidate: will have a minimum of 2 years of event planning experience plus supervisory experience. Must demonstrate a history of successful event planning and event management.
Responsible for the overall direction of the Events, Catering, and Athletic Events Programs. Establishes departmental budget, goals, and objectives in support of the club’s annual and long-term plans, policies, and procedures. Works with members and club staff to create premium programming. Serves as a member of the club’s leadership team to collaborate, integrate programming, and achieve club-wide objectives.
- Establishes and achieves an annual action plan to assist the Director of Food & Beverage in meeting strategic goals.
- Works closely with the Director of Food & Beverage to establish and maintain cohesive, consistent, and positive leadership in the Events Office.
- Establishes and administers department procedures in compliance with Board-approved policies, Club Rules, and club operating procedures.
- Recommends or initiates a change to policies, procedures, and programs to improve member satisfaction and club efficiency.
- Supports, adopts, and promotes club goals, policies, operating procedures, and standards; leads by example.
- Represents the Events Department in general staff meetings and other meetings with club management.
- Coordinates and participates in regular department meetings.
- Cultivates, maintains, and enhances intradepartmental relationships.
- Continuously seeks new ideas to appeal to the club’s internal audience for social activities.
- Prepares reports and analyses reflecting attendance, member satisfaction, and trends; makes appropriate recommendations or conclusions to improve attendance and satisfaction.
- Plans and coordinates arrangements for special functions as assigned.
- Coordinates member tours, trips, and theater packages; negotiates schedules and fees, makes travel and lodging arrangements, purchases tickets, and makes other arrangements as required. Establishes procedures for accurate registrations and reservations.
- Collaborates with Food & Beverage department to plan events and enhance value to members.
- Oversee the registrations and reservation functions for social activities.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for the Events department.
- Provides support to Member Events Committee and event-level committees for annual funding requests.
- Monitors expenditures and revenues throughout the fiscal year and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Alerts the Director of Food & Beverage and Finance Director of significant, unanticipated variances in budgeted revenues or expenses.
- Establishes and maintains internal controls for department revenues and expenses.
- Oversees all pre-event promotions including magazine and Website articles, posters, flyers, invitations, and group e-mailings and mass-mailings.
- Work closely with the Communications department to train employees on the club’s communication standards and monitor their work to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of social event coordinators.
- Directly supervises the Social Events Manager, Athletic Events Manager, and Club Events Manager.
- Initiates personnel actions including hiring, promotion, transfer, discipline, and termination.
- Stays current on and complies with club Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Orients and trains new and current employees; ensures cross-training of other employees on basic events information and reservation procedures.
- Provides regular and ongoing feedback on job performance and work-related behavior; recommends ways to improve performance.
- Conducts timely and measurable performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education, training, and experience.
- Minimum two years of successful supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, develop, and motivate staff and build cohesive work teams
- Demonstrated history of successful event planning and event management and knowledge of current special event trends.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office and HTML.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems and remain calm in stressful event situations.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present information to groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, develop, and motivate staff, and build cohesive work teams.
- Ability to perform essential job functions.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as required.