Role Overview: The Sr. Manager, PR & Brand Communications will take the lead on developing, planning, and overseeing the execution of retail brands Public Relations and external brand communications. In partnership with the Director, Brand Marketing Strategy, this individual will serve as a key point of contact within the organization to ensure proactive public relations and external communications in fashion, beauty, retail, consumer, and digital media.
Senior Manager, PR and Brand Communications Responsibilities:
- Strategy Creation: Develop and oversee consumer, fashion, beauty, lifestyle, celebrity, and digital public relations strategy creation annually, supporting key initiatives along with daily ongoing implementation.
- Create master storytelling narrative for the client and update based on shifting business needs.
- Build and Foster Business Relationships: Oversee critical fashion media relationships for the client and ensure that the team is well positioned with proactive relationships. Also takes the lead with the management of agency relationships.
- Project Management: Lead creation of seasonal strategies for the client along with individual strategies for marquee initiatives inclusive of goal setting, calendar development, and measurement against key benchmarks.
- Executive Management: Serve as communications business partner to leadership team, while developing strategies to platform those executives in the media.
- Deliver Exceptional Results: Create new processes to ensure public relations align relations align with banner planning and leveraging resources and relationships across the team to effectively deliver stellar proactive media results.
Senior Manager, PR and Brand Communications Qualifications:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience leading budget planning and management
- 7+ years of experience in Fashion/Retail Public Relations, Digital PR, Communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in writing and editing media communication materials and pitching press, demonstrating a proven track record of successful media placements
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work with national and regional media and will have established senior-level editorial relationships across magazine, print, television, and digital media in fashion, luxury, entertainment and digital
- Have a working knowledge of publicity metrics and ROI
- Experience in strategy creation and providing strategic direction, oversight of a business
- Deep understanding of the luxury retail, digital retail space with a strong knowledge of the competitive landscape