Job description24 Seven is partnering with one of our footwear and apparel brand clients to help them find a Senior Product Development Manager, Performance Footwear to join their team in this full-time salaried position with bonus, great benefits and exceptional work/life balance. The role is based in Portland, OR and will work a hybrid work schedule. The ideal candidate would have experience in Lifestyle or Performance Footwear product experience with deep technical skills. Brief details are below.
Supervise and drive the product creation and confirmation process from design stage through salesman samples to timely approval of production confirmation samples. Facilitate communication & collaboration with key stakeholders at all times to drive decision-making. Ensure projects meet the brand & consumer needs and can be mass produced on time at targeted costs. Strive for continuous improvement in all areas of product creation. Mentor and grow team members to elevate the overall technical knowledge and business acumen within the function.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
1. Lead and manage the product creation process from brief stage and design through final prototyping and salesman samples.
2. Supervise and manage timely creation, delivery, and approval of all relevant technical information (shell patterns, 2D’s, 3D’s, lasts, patterns, blue-prints, cost sheets, etc.)
3. Supervise the generation and maintenance of correct Bill of Materials (BOM) for all projects.
4. Lead and manage the diagnosis of fit/wear and commercialization issues and ensure that product offerings are proven and tested successfully commercialized and mass production.
Who You Are:
- Driven for excellence, a self-starter, and a leader.
- Ability to manage and work in a complex global organization satisfying the needs of diverse constituents with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Effective team building, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in the footwear industry preferably in development, commercialization or production.