Job description24 Seven is partnering up with their top global sportswear client based in Portland, OR to help them find a REMOTE Senior Tech Designer to join their team! This is a 6 month contract with potential to extend. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay. Details of the role are below.
In this role, you will utilize your advanced technical knowledge related to product fit, patternmaking and construction to provide our athletes with exceptional performance apparel that exceeds their expectations of fit.
This role will be key in setting the foundation of fit consistency at the company. A key part of this role is understanding garment fit at scale and leading fit consistency discussions to achieve alignment across functions. You will work on the full size range to ensure garments fit every body – this includes in-line sizing, Plus and Maternity. You will lead and influence the teams with recommendations that serve our athletes and consumers and communicate issues or offer solutions in a fast-paced environment. You will leverage both 2D and 3D tools in the block creation process.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional who shows high capacity for and resistance to stress while making thoughtful decisions. They are an active listener, able to communicate effectively in varied settings and able to influence the team when needed, while demonstrating credibility and reliability. If you are organized and strategic with experience effectively managing competing priorities to deliver the best results, then this is the role for you. We are looking for someone who is optimistic, self-aware, embraces change, holds their decisions and actions accountable, will actively seek feedback to grow and develop, values and respects the opinions of their teammates and embraces the diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As a Senior Technical Designer on this team, you will be the fit expert that will partner across other functions to deliver consistent fit blocks. You will build new patterns, alter or modify existing block patterns as needed, create and update Tech Packs for our Product Creation Center and factory partners including measurements, construction sketches, pattern correction images and proto comments. You will work with consumer insights to ensure our fit blocks meet and exceed consumer expectations. You will lead fit sessions, track and request prototypes for your blocks, manage and meet your calendar target dates, attend meetings that relate to your product and communicate progress and challenges to your team as needed.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will collaborate with Technical Design/Development teams, Product Design, Product Management, Innovation, Digital Product Creation, Global Apparel Standards, Apparel Wear Testing, Product Creation Centers, factories, material and trim partners in order to tailor the product to the specific athlete and consumer needs. This role will report to the Technical Design Director.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
• Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Pattern Making, Textile Science or related field OR additional experience in lieu of a degree
• 5+ years' pattern making and apparel development experience.
• Knowledge of the apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, materials and machinery
• Ability to write product specs and advanced construction instructions along with interpreting design intent and offering alternative solutions
• Ability to act as a technical resource, mentor others and lead initiatives through high energy and positive influence
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to excel in a deadline driven environment.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills with attention to detail and process orientation.
• Proficiency with MS Office programs and confident using Adobe Illustrator and CAD Pattern Design software. Experience with Optitex/Browzwear preferred.