Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a specialty clothing company to help them find a Technical Developer/Designer to join their in this hybrid position! This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with benefits that requires you to be onsite 2 days a week in White Salmon, WA!
Ideal Candidate: will have 3+ years experience in Technical Design/Product Development.
• Manages technical development of assigned styles from design concept through to production-ready hand-off, ensuring both fit and technical engineering meets or exceeds expectation.
• Plan and track the development schedule of all products to ensure a timely completion following the pre-determined product development calendar
• Partner with Designers to understand fit intent and aesthetic ensuring translation into proto samples
• Ensures execution of fit intent and fit consistency through clear analysis, documentation, communication, adherence to fit standards, and use and maintenance of block patterns
• Creates the specifications for the products, publishes, and maintains all records, style files, Bill of Materials, and samples associated with the product and related programs
• Develops products, recommends materials, and construction techniques that meet Design expectations and engineer the product to pre-determined gross margin targets, FOB including pre-cost estimates, first costs through to final cost. Provides solutions as necessary.
• Maintain and update all specifications and Tech packs as designs progress throughout the process.
• Communicate changes to Factory partners through illustrations, diagrams, photos to accurately translate products from Flat to Design Final
• Ensures both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity of all products falling under their responsibilities.
• Identifies and assists in the development of department guidelines and standards to ensure operational excellence and consistency across teams
• Creative thinker and able to engineer to create innovative solutions that scale to production
• Support garment wear testing working with product development, marketing team & athletes.
• Provide insight and guidance to regional sourcing and collaborate on construction, production or cost engineering solutions
• Some travel overseas to manufactures may be required
• Performs these and other duties as assigned
• 3-5+ years experience in Technical Design/Product Development
• Bachelor's degree in or Degree / Certification in Apparel Design, construction, and/or patternmaking or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Lead a fitting or meeting without supervision
• Independently manage highly complex product, troubleshoot and solve highly complex problems
• Creative thinker and able to engineer/scalable the early design concept/proto style to the production
• Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of fit, patternmaking, and construction expertise, cost engineering and knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Previous travel to manufacturers across international regions
• Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of product category, materials and development lifecycle
• Demonstrates great interpersonal skills, including the ability to create trust with cross functional teams and factory partners.
• Demonstrates clear and accurate verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrates superior organizational skills
• Demonstrates proficient computer skills in MS Office software, Adobe Suite with focus on Illustrator, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of patternmaking and virtual digital systems, like, Gerber Lectra, Browzwear 3D, Optitex, Clo3D a plus
• Deadline driven with a track record for delivering great results on time