Our client is looking for a passionate, and ambitious professional to fill a senior publicist position. At time of employment, candidates must be based in LA (preferred) or NY. The ideal candidate eats and breathes entertainment and pop culture; we're looking for someone who knows the media landscape well and can bring a strong network of established contacts to the table as well as a demonstrable track record of top tier placements.
Our client is a boutique public relations firm based in Brooklyn. Our clients include record labels, festivals, musicians, media, and social media companies. We specialize in entertainment beats with an emphasis on multicultural outlets. Examples of current and past clients include Netflix, TikTok, Rolling Loud Festival, Baja Beach Fest, Young Dolph, Farruko, E-40, Lil Durk, $NOT, Alamo Records, EMPIRE, RCA, and more.
The ideal candidate will have proven previous experience as a Celebrity / Executive / VIP Publicist or similar role and established relationships with key media platforms, experience placing talent at music industry events and awards shows, and facilitating brand gifting for talent. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to dig deep to find relevant angles. Must be a quick learner and independent worker. Must have good working knowledge of the music and entertainment (rap genre is a plus) landscape and be willing to attend industry events after hours.
- Executive PR
- Secure top-tier national media opportunities for clients, including press coverage across digital, print, and social channels
- Identify and secure talent speaking engagements: Industry (music, entertainment, business, merchandising) conferences/panels, (Billboard, Pollstar, ComplexCon, SXSW,) colleges, etc
- Celebrity PR
- Identify and secure talent invitations for entertainment industry events, parties, screenings, red carpets
- Escort clients to relevant events and help them navigate the room
- Seed and amplify talent sightings and appearances with relevant lifestyle outlets
- Client B2B Industry events
- Work with senior management to Identify, plan, and manage production of client events tied to significant events (GRAMMYs, BBMA’s, All-Star Weekends, Art Basel, mid-week Coachella, etc.)
- Identify and invite key industry reps, influencers, celebrities, and athletes to these events
- Identify and secure gifting suppliers for these events
- 4+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing preferred
- Proven track record of securing placements in digital and print, with bonus points for TV bookings
- Proven track record of red-carpet placements and experience getting talent into high-profile events and parties
- Knowledge of Black culture and history, specifically hip-hop. Most of our clients are in the hip-hop space.
- Extensive knowledge of the media landscape: print, digital, social
- Established, strong media & industry contacts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working and/or knowledge of Latin Trap & Reggaeton artists
Founded and directed by two Master's Degree holders from New York University’s storied Music Business Master’s Program, the company has provided consistent results for our clients for over 18 years.
- Health insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Annual professional development allowance
- Work from home if based in LA. Work from home 3 days a week if based in NYC with 2 days in Brooklyn-based office.