Media Strategy Lead
Full-Time, Salaried Position
Our client is an award-winning growth marketing partner that brings to life ideas, businesses, and causes. Their new software delivers to their clients a more profound view of the audiences, ad platforms and content that will move their business forward.
Media Strategy Lead Overview:
We are looking for an experienced Media Strategy Lead to manage the planning, execution and analytics team, help further develop our technological and operational sophistication and drive incredible results for our clients.
Media Strategy Lead Responsibilities:
• Lead and oversee a team responsible for the planning, set-up, management, and execution of client campaigns, while maintaining a high-quality standard that ensures profitability and performance of all client campaigns.
• Partner with Client Management, Creative, Product, Marketing, and Sales to provide operational support for revenue growth, client campaigns, and product innovations.
• Create testing protocols at various stages of development to ensure ad experiences function across platforms and deliver strong client results.
• Guide the Ads team to proactively monitor and report on media campaigns on a regular basis, providing an active voice communicating insights such as optimization opportunities and challenges to internal teams and the client
• Translate requirements into defined solutions that operationalize complex programs and resolve ad issues
• Act as a subject matter expert across our digital ad products, tools, and workflows to support the day-to-day operational needs of stakeholders in a way that continues to improve and strengthen our end-to-end delivery.
• Monitor our result environment on a daily basis to ensure campaigns are running as expected, and provide optimization recommendations to internal teams.
• Project manage creative specification requirements and digital asset delivery, coordinating timelines and leading communications with the company’s other departments.
• Present in internal account team planning meetings and participate in client meetings to speak more technically around what is being presented.
• Collaborate with the management team by providing ideas on how to continually improve operational processes, our internal technology and communication channels where needed.
• Lead the creation and presentation of media specific documents such as media plans, objectives and strategies decks, and other related functions.
• Lead overarching strategic thinking, ensuring media strategy is aligned and meets client objectives; provide POV if/when opportunity to improve objectives is present.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic skills to help solve client’s business problems
• Effectively communicate optimization strategies, challenges and opportunities across search, shopping, social, display, mobile and video
• Provide education on best practices, media principles, and industry at large
• Monitor trends, tools, opportunities and applications within digital environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge to campaign strategy and client goals
Media Strategy Lead Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of in-depth digital advertising planning, optimization, analysis, and delivery experience
• Experience with data science tools such as Tableau, Datorama, and Data Studio greatly preferred
• Fluent in digital media, including search and shopping (Google and Bing), paid social (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter), programmatic (incl. CTV), direct display buys, affiliate networks, etc
• Experience working with digital teams, as well as results tracking
• Entrepreneurial, energetic self-starter with keen attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and comfortable with shifting priorities
• A strong desire to define and deliver a high performing, game-changing advertising experience for our clients
• Knowledge of offline media tactics and partners a plus
• Demonstrates the ability to run all aspects of multiple, complex accounts with minimal oversight
• Experience developing custom programs, big activation ideas and communications planning
• Deep understanding of ad tech ecosystem, biddable media and analytics and attribution principles
• POV on utilization of ad servers, attribution partners, data providers, feed optimization tools and future targeting challenges (privacy sandboxes, etc)