Job descriptionOur client, tech communications and marketing agency, experiencing consistent and exponential growth is looking for an account executive to support account strategy, development of account plans, client communications and media relations. This role will be hybrid in downtown Chicago.
Who is this person?
This person should be able to quickly develop relationships with clients but have a passion for media and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
A quality to describe this person? Agile. This is a person who can quickly pivot strategy to align with newly-formed client goals and someone able to react to the fast-paced news cycle.
- Daily media pitching
- Daily pitch writing
- Client communication
- Contribution of ideas during team brainstorms
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations or related field
- AAE experience at a well-known public relations agency
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Experience utilizing media monitoring software (Cision, Meltwater or Muck Rack)
- Fundamental understanding of media outlets
- Ability to identify media targets -- determining which reporters, editors, producers or writers to go to and why
- Superior organizational skills
- Knowledge of social media, content marketing and branding
- Crisis communications experience
- Tech communications background