Job descriptionOur client, an award-winning multicultural agency, is looking to bring on a Contract to Hire - PR & New Business Account Executive, located in the Chicago market. Role will be hybrid and is set to start no later than 9/12!
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset, loves relationship-building with the media and can deliver media results, stays current on trends and events in the media relations space, has an interest in developing media strategies, is familiar with media platforms and wants to have an impact in multicultural communities.
- Work with account team and client on tactical issues
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Provide general client counsel
- Develop client presentations, playbooks and recaps
- Conduct and manage the flow of research necessary to analyze client issues
- Monitor media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments
- Track and maintain media placements
- Draft media relations materials
- Generate story ideas and topic angles
- Compose basic media relations plans and contribute to plan development processes
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Demonstrate knowledge of media pitching and tour scheduling. Pitch to clients’ top-tier and other media
- Participate in and provide support for on-site trade shows and special events
- Actively hone skills using media relations and influencer platforms (Cision, Meltwater, Muckrat, etc.)
- Manage speaker bureau
- Manage external vendors
- Develop proposals, releases, client profiles, bylined articles and other press materials
- Proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Balance workload between accounts and new business to ensure that all is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years related professional experience
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and the general public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Position may require up to 50% travel time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
An AE is operating at a successful level when they demonstrate a working knowledge of the following:
- Under minimal supervision, having a complete understanding of the job tasks and the ability to perform them easily
- A solid understanding of all basic public relations tools and how they affect the client
- Strong writing and editing skills on a wide range of assignments
- An understanding of clients’ business and market(s) to solve client problems
- Development of compelling creative concepts/ideas to meet strategy and achieve objectives
- Proactively assist in planning, development and execution of basic public relations programs
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with media
- Ability to develop solutions to wide variety of problems
- Effectively plan and supervise the completion of a task/multiple tasks or project within deadlines and budget
- Consistently display initiative and ownership of projects; demonstrate good judgment when working with team members and client contacts and vendors
- Consistently progress in daily responsibilities
- Potential to lead projects and interact with clients
- Proven media skills by making top tier media placements
- Effectively anticipate client and team needs
- Ability to showcase results in an effective and compelling manner
- Completion of challenging projects with set parameters
- A strong commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as personal career
- Consistently meet deadlines and demonstrate attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office365, PR and influencer platforms (Cision, Meltwater, Muckrat etc.)
- Continually communicate with manager on updates and project status
- Delegate work to Interns and Assistant Account Executives as needed
- Formally add feedback to performance review of colleagues as needed
- Converse intelligently about agency at internal and external meetings and industry functions
- Attend Agency Roundtable and team meetings.
- Capable of positioning self as role model and gain respect of team
- Meet regularly with junior level staff to provide direction and feedback
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and pursuit of excellence that aligns with our core values
- Track/enter time with precision and on a daily basis
- Contribute to program planning and account management by researching budgets, attending brainstorms, and facilitating the purchase order process.
- Assist in account budgeting recommendations
- Develop and maintain agency case studies
- Work alongside employees to update bio and resumes
- Work with Greenhouse Studio to stylize presentations
- Serve as a project manager ensuring all new business deadlines are met
- Assist President and CEO with Latino infrastructure and business leads
- Provide website and social media updates promoting Latino services
- Serve as the gatekeeper of all file documentation to ensure all files are saved in the appropriate folders on the network.
- Assist new business team as needed.
If you are interested in and qualified for this opportunity, please forward your resume and any work samples today!