Our client, an Educational Institution with an innovative learning environment, is seeking to hire an energetic, highly driven, creative, and collaborative professional to join the Advancement and Communications team. This position will be an important part of both administrative and development initiatives in seeing projects through that further articulates vision and mission with key constituents.
In this role you will work closely with the Director of Advancement and Communications, Advancement and Communications team, and Senior Administrative team in bridging relationships across the community. The primary objective of the Coordinator is to ensure day-to-day connected communications and collaboration for Advancement projects toward campaigns and fundraising goals and providing administrative assistance to the Director of Advancement and Communications and team.
• Support execution of cultivation and stewardship efforts toward volunteer activities and fundraising goals across with key constituencies: Parents, Alumni, Alumni Parents, Grandparents, Faculty/Staff, Board of Trustees, and general community
• Assist with database updates, preparation of reports, and donor documentation
• Coordinate fundraising event activities from planning to execution, both virtually and in person
• Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding
• Organize and schedule meetings, take minutes as needed
• Write and distribute email correspondence
• Maintain contact and tracking lists
• Submit and reconcile invoices with budget
• Liaise with Senior Administration team and assistants to coordinate and handle requests
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required with 2-3 years of experience in a relevant area of institutional advancement.
• Experience in a nonprofit or startup setting preferred.
• Proficient using Google Suite, MS Office, and experience using Raiser’s Edge database; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and web development a plus
• Technologically savvy, including the use of social media, website CMS, email marketing
• Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to work independently and as part of a team; innovative and seeks a challenge
• Superior organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills; exemplary proofreader
• Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently and effectively
• Ability to generate interest in the organization and foster positive, meaningful relationships with key constituents
• High level of diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive information
• Able to work evenings and weekends as required
• Commitment to purposeful innovation and ongoing professional development
• Passion for working within a learning community
• A good sense of humor, enthusiasm for a high-energy work environment, and collegial manner
• Spanish language fluency strongly preferred